Author Topic: Asian Carp research  (Read 1899 times)

Offline JWD2NF

• Unit(s): 1199/1198
  • Accessories: 360
Asian Carp research
« on: February 02, 2015, 04:29:11 PM »
I am currently using the hummingbird 1199 head unit paired with the 360 imaging for Asian carp research. I was curious if anyone knows of a method or software that would allow me to upload or insert one of our screen snapshots and quantify the returns seen based on brightness /pixels (or another method). End result I am looking for is a basic count on the returns, or “fishes” seen from the 360 image snapshot.

Offline bigkahuna

• Accessories: Custom ROV with Imagenex sonar
Re: Asian Carp research
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 05:50:13 PM »
I am currently using the hummingbird 1199 head unit paired with the 360 imaging for Asian carp research. I was curious if anyone knows of a method or software that would allow me to upload or insert one of our screen snapshots and quantify the returns seen based on brightness /pixels (or another method). End result I am looking for is a basic count on the returns, or “fishes” seen from the 360 image snapshot.

Have you tried "RoboRealm" ( http://www.roborealm.com/index.php )?  Pretty cool app and very inexpensive.  I'm considering using it for a marine plant population study.  RoboRealm has a "Blob_Count" function which would do what you want, but before you can use it you'll need to use the image processing functions to convert the fish images to "blobs".
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 05:54:58 PM by bigkahuna »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo