Author Topic: MS-DOS to MAC  (Read 1718 times)

Offline JB

• Unit(s): Helix 10 HW MSI GPS Gen 2N
  • Accessories: no
MS-DOS to MAC
« on: April 23, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »
Hi All,
I'm in process of selling current boat and, sadly, my 2006 997c-SI along with it. That said, I want to save waypoint to use and reload on a new Humminbird. My problem is all support devices I used in the past are MS-Dos and my computer is an Apple Air laptop.  believe they are on my onboard SIM card
If not, is there a quick and easy way to at least save waypoints?
Trying to save many honey holes
Thanks in advance
JB

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Re: MS-DOS to MAC
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 10:15:43 PM »
If you have already exported the waypoint library to your SD card - you should be able to copy and paste the MATRIX folder (which contains the Nav data) from the SD card to your Mac  ...

You won't be able to do anything with them as far as Humminbird PC because HBPC is Windows only  ...

If, and when you aquire another HB unit - copy and paste the MATRIX folder back to a formatted SD card and insert in the HB unit for loading into the new unit (ONIX or SOLIX would need more format manipulation before loading into ONIX or SOLIX)  ...

There may be a conversion program out there for Mac which may allow you to convert the HB waypoints (hwr format) to KML format which Google Earth can read  ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:20:04 PM by rnvinc »

Offline JB

• Unit(s): Helix 10 HW MSI GPS Gen 2N
  • Accessories: no
Re: MS-DOS to MAC
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 07:09:44 AM »
Rickie
Thanks for the quick response and info, once waypoints are transferred, this will allow me to move on and face the next hurdle for PC incompatibility. Hate to think I'm tied to MS-DOS "dock".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal