Author Topic: Snapshot images  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Ken1962

Snapshot images
« on: February 09, 2011, 11:50:53 PM »
Long time user of the units but I've never done a snapshot. Not to make a story too long but I was on Toldeo Bend the morning the space shuttle came down and when we got to one of my drag spots about an hour after the shuttle crashed there was insulation all over the water and bubbles coming up, I could drag a carolina rig up to the spot and there was something there that hadn't previously been there. I had forgotten about it until I was there a couple of weeks ago so I ran over there and scanned it and I am almost certain I am taking SI and DS images of part of the shuttle nose and a wheel. So I am back over there this weekend and I have bought a SD card so I can get some images and let everyone see what I see and make a determination as to whether I should contact the apporpriate parties so it can be salvaged...so that was a long set up for my question, do I have to format the card to capture screen shots, and if so how do I do that?XTB

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Re: Snapshot images
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 12:12:49 AM »
Ken,

You should not have to format the card.  Just go power on your unit, insert the card and see if it will make a snapshot.  Make sure you have the snapshot feature turned on.

It sounds very exciting.  I would recommend making a recording versus just taking snapshots.  Not sure how big of an area it is, but you may want to set up a search grid and run some lanes.  Also running straight paths at different angles to the object may yield some better images by getting different views.  I would also recommend scanning at 455khz and then go back and repeat the scan again using 800khz.

Once you have made the recordings, you can play them back and adjust your settings to get the best image and then make your snapshots.  Keep the recordings short, maybe 10-20 minutes long.

Good Luck,

Robert

If you do need to format the card here are some instructions:

Reformat using SD Card Reader

1.  Turn on your computer and put the SD card into the card reader slot on the front of your computer or the external card reader attached to a USB port. Wait to see if your operating system automatically opens a window prompting you for information. Click on the option to "Open a folder to view files" if the window pops up.

2.  Click on the "Start" button if your operating system does not automatically prompt you to open a folder. Choose the "My Computer" option to bring up a new window.

3.  Right-click on the drive bay for your card reader, and then choose the option that says "Reformat" from the pop-up menu. Click on the option to set the formatting to "FAT16" if you receive a separate pop up window asking you which file system to set the card to.

Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline Ken1962

Re: Snapshot images
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 12:59:15 AM »
Rock out Robert, I will scan it with both and do some recordings, it's both exciting and emotional. It was a very difficult day after my wife called and told me what had happened, the most surreal day of my fishing life. If you look at a map of the debris field it runs right up to Toledo, one of the pilots was found within maybe 4-5 miles of this spot, the nose gear was found absolutely due west and less than 2 miles from this spot. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo