Poll

i have 2 units on my boat . one of them is up front next to the mimkota and it has its own transducer. and the other one is my main one 997 and its transducer is on the back of the boat.

can you join the head unit up front to my main unit transducer
0 (0%)
with like a split cable. so i can eliminate the wires running down the shaft of the Mimkota
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: 997  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Adrian

• Unit(s): 997c SI Combo, 778c
« on: February 24, 2015, 07:13:27 AM »
i have 2 units on my boat . one of them is up front next to the mimkota and it has its own transducer. and the other one is my main one 997 and its transducer is on the back of the boat..
can you join the head unit up front to my main unit transducer with like a split cable. so i can eliminate the wires running down the shaft of the Mimkota

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: 997
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:17:21 AM »
Welcome to the Humminbird Side imaging Forums Adrian.

No you will not be able to do that with the 997 unit you have.  To be able to share sonar, both units have to be Ethernet capable.  Some of the current version units we now make are but not the older 997 unit.

The best that you could do would be to install a US3 Unit Switch and toggle the connection to the transducer on the back of the boat between unit, but both would not be able to display sonar at the same time.  The issue with this is that the bow mounted unit would be showing you sonar data that was the length of your boat behind you.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal