Author Topic: ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED  (Read 2420 times)

Offline joete1218

• Unit(s): (2) 1199's , 798
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
« on: April 05, 2016, 03:39:47 PM »
I have a couple questions for you since you guys know way more about the technology than i do im hoping you can help me out with this setup i have. So i have (2)1199 ci hd di units running thru ethernet. On the transom i have the normal transducer that comes with the unit i believe it is the XHS-9-HDSi-180-T my question is this i am changing my trolling motor from a fortrex 112 to a terrova 112 with us2 and ipilot link which i will also be hooking up thru the ethernet. On my old motor i had another transducer attatched to it the XTM-9-20-T my question to you is this should i hook this up to the new motor and then run some kind of "Y" cable in order to run 2 transducers on the bow unit or by getting the motor with the US2 built in make that a completely unnecessary component to keep around and should i just get rid of it? Or should i route it to the consol unit and do a "Y" cable there this stuff is way over my pay grade im just not sure if that particular transducer is necessary in my setup anymore. Other question i had is i saw with the US2 you wont have di capabilities but since i have the ethernet is or would it be necessary to purchase one of the XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T or the XTM 9 DI 25 T transducers for attatching to the bowmount trolling motor in order to get better imaging up front. Or is it even necessary at all. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. This stuff confuses the hell out of me just want it to be put together right and get the best images of whats below the surface that i can. Thanks in advance.
Joe

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
Re: ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 06:40:39 PM »
Not sure why you were running the XTM-9-20-T on the 1199 at the bow since that would reduce it to a 2D only unit.

I am editing my post because you indicated you have 2 DI units, but I now realize you have 2 SI units.  Your best bet is to mount your SI transducer on the trolling motor.....You will not need a Y cable or US2 built into the trolling motor since the SI transducer has the 2D already built in.

That transducer cable will fit the slot of the Terrova.  If you do a search, there are online videos showing how to install the transducer cable in the slot.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:16:51 PM by Bob B »
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline Rpadar

• Unit(s): 1198HD si Helix 10, helix 9, helix 10
  • Software: Always the newest
  • Accessories: Ethernet box, 360, I pilot link
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 09:15:12 PM »
Just get the adapter (you need one to hook up to the us2) and run the us2. No it doesn't have di or si. However you can select to utilize the si or di sonar from the transom transducer and display it on the front.  I can't remember if both your units were si units, however even if only one is, you will be able to view si and di on both units.

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 10:47:14 PM »
You have a SI unit at both ends of the boat ...

On the bow SI unit ...Do you want SI data from the front of the boat ... Or from 20ft behind you coming from the transom HDSI ...??

Rickie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo