Other Humminbird Products > Lakemaster AutoChart

Autocharts -> Reefmaster -> ArcGis

(1/3) > >>

aaron J:
Hello,

I am in need of some help!
I recently purchased a Helix 7 with the intent of creating maps for work.
My idea -
1. Use autocharts live with the zerolines card
2. Run the data through Reefmaster to create shapefiles
3. Use Reefmaster created shapefiles in ArcGIS.
4. Make beautiful maps for presentations

So far.....
I purchased the Helix 7, zerolines card, and reefmaster. I have recorded over 20hrs of autocharts live data onto the zero lines card. I plugged my zero lines card into my computer and see a lot of .bin files and .ACU files, neither of which turn out to be compatible with reefmaster.

My question is where do I go from here.
Q1. Is it the .ACU files or the .bin files that I need to convert to a format readable with reefmaster?
Q2. If I need to convert one or both of these files types how do I do so?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!

aaron J:
Can anyone out there answer at least the first question?

Gimp:
Try not to record sonar data onto zerolines cards. They are used for transferring Autochart maps from computer onto sonar units.The Zerolines cards are expensive and the ONLY WAY to transfer maps from Autochart to your sonar unit so keeping free space on those cards is a good idea.

Record sonar data onto traditional SDHC cards. Humminbird used to recommend Sandisk cards no larger than 32Gb. After the data is recorded, transfer that data from the SD sard (the RECORD folder) onto your computer. After that Reefmaster will use the .DAT files and .SON files. Follow the tutorial in the Reefmaster HELP file.

https://reefmaster.com.au/reference2/index.htm

Scroll down and click the Start to finish - create a map for your GPS link

aaron J:
Ok, I figured out that it is the ACU files that I need to convert. Now I just need to convert ACU files into a format workable in Reefmaster....

aaron J:
I could not be more displeased with Humminbird and Reefmaster.

This is absolutely ridiculous and a huge waste of time and money. If I could return my Helix 7, zero lines card, and Reefmaster purchase today I would.

First
If you record one second over 8 hrs of autocharts data onto the Helix 7 it will wipe all your previous data. In one second, 8 hrs of work is gone.

Second
You buy their zero lines card and record your bathymetry data on it. Fine you now have data that is only viewable on Humminbird units because the company uses a file format that is not usable by any other platform.

Third.
If you want to use another software aka Reefmaster you have to record raw sonar data, which apparently you should not do on your zero lines card. So you cant simultaneously be building a depth map to view on the unit in the field (without recording over 8 hrs of data) while trying to record the only format that reefmaster accepts from humminbird?

I emailed back and forth over and over with Reefmaster before I made the purchase and got back confusing and misleading answers to my questions. So incredibly frustrating and disappointing.

My experience has led me to STRONGLY RECOMMEND LOWRANCE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version