Author Topic: Linda Colt leaves Navico!  (Read 5158 times)

Offline reddog

• My pictures
  • Unit(s): 2)997 C SI, 788CI, 787C2, 1197 1198
  • Accessories: Ipilot Link
Linda Colt leaves Navico!
« on: January 19, 2010, 05:26:50 PM »
 I know this is a Lowrance topic, but this is shaping up to be a big deal for Humminbirds future owners.

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=485986&page=1
Hate to see her go, but love to watch her leave.

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
  • Unit(s): HELIX 9 G3N, 998Cx SI, 959DI
  • Software: latest (mostly)
  • Accessories: AS GR50, custom towfish and: A boat!!
Re: Linda Colt leaves Navico!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 08:38:47 AM »
Holy shit!

I read through the whole post and there are two things that give me reason to think about it:

1. I never thought that one single person would ever be so much appreciated by the customers of a company.

2. There are two sides on all stories and I just read one side of this story. But if just a half of this side is true, I would go absolutely ballistic if I would be one of the bosses at Navico.

In Linda's shoes, I wouldn't go back no matter what they are offering.

Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline harry padgett

• Unit(s): 1197 & 997
  • Software: 4.7 version
  • Accessories: interlink
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »
Jolly Roger,
   All is true. I worked with her for years before changing. She is all the great things said plus many many more. The management???? Lowrance just found another way to pee in their wheaties. Their worst loss ever, but, all eyes are now on Humminbird. Get ready to hear the commode flush, Then Humminbird better be ready for the demand that was coming but will now double. This has created an uproar across the fishing electronics industry.
Padgett
viper

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
  • Unit(s): HELIX 9 G3N, 998Cx SI, 959DI
  • Software: latest (mostly)
  • Accessories: AS GR50, custom towfish and: A boat!!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 04:18:52 PM »
Harry,

I don't know how to say this, but I'm more than deeply impressed by the reaction of the community. I never seen / read something like this before. And that was just the thread that Reddog linked up.

I hope Linda will find a better place to work. Going back after being treated like that? No freaking way! Better an end in horror than horror with no end.

For me this is also a reminder that we should be gratefull for the engagement of Greg and the other Guys from Humminbird.

Thanks Greg and thanks Robert for providing the possibility to sharing information and help us out if things go not like they're supposed to go.

Respect / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline keizerh

• Unit(s): none
  • Accessories: ASHH and VC cable
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 04:32:42 PM »
hear hear

hendrik

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 07:55:15 PM »
I have never had a company like Humminbird whos employees are willing to go over and above for their customers.  I know Greg has even been here on the boards on his days off and I thank all of them for everything they have done!

People who have work ethics like Linda and actually care for their customers are rare!  Lowrance has really made a big mistake letting someone like her go!

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline George

• Unit(s): 2 - Solix 15s AutoChart Pro 1198
  • Software: Always up todate
  • Accessories: SI on Transom and Trolling Motor
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 09:57:22 PM »
I was in the Quality Arena for 37 years from a quality technician through division manager with a billion $ company.  People like Linda are not just a rear breed but they are really the stars that make or break a company's customer service.

All of my business career I have depended on folks like Linda to alert me on hot spots and help to correct problems before they became catastrophic. 

It is because of these stars that I had a successful career. 

Because of them I use to spend one week a year with 4 different customers installing our products working along side their folks.  I made a 200 mile trip to a customer on Christmas eve to visit a customer because they forwarded a customer's message on a problem.  Our customers never forget this kind of service.

What I am saying is that it is people like Linda that can truly make anyone a Star if they only listen to them. 

Without good/great customer service reps. we are not much.

I owe everything to people like Linda, when they speak, I not only listened, I reacted, because they are the real stars (the one in a million) that directed my efforts. 

I have made a lot of money listing to the real people the ones on the ground floor that fight for us every day.

I use to send these stars that I worked with Holiday cards and small gifts, I knew their spouse's and children's names and birthdays, I tried to know them as best I could without being intrusive.  They do not need much, but they like to know that we care.

It is someone like Linda that you never forget.  It is the little people, not the managers that are the real people, they determine a company's success.

I now live the life I live because of people like Linda.

George       

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:17:42 PM by George »

Offline George

• Unit(s): 2 - Solix 15s AutoChart Pro 1198
  • Software: Always up todate
  • Accessories: SI on Transom and Trolling Motor
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 10:09:56 PM »
a
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:40:02 AM by George »

Offline reddog

• My pictures
  • Unit(s): 2)997 C SI, 788CI, 787C2, 1197 1198
  • Accessories: Ipilot Link
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 08:01:15 AM »
It truly is amazing reading thru the threads of support for Linda Colt.  I have never had any dealings with Linda,(nor have I had a reason to), but, I did know very well who Linda Colt was and what she meant for Lowrance/LEI and now Navico. 

I hate to see such a dedicated employee get the shaft like that.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:29:23 AM by reddog »
Hate to see her go, but love to watch her leave.

Offline jejb

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »
I almost bought an HDS early in 2009. I was getting back into fishing, and wanted to upgrade my old Bottom Line. But after several visits to different Bass Pro and Cabelas stores, I was warned of a lot of quality issues with the HDS and to look at HB. That led to extensive web research in forums like this one and many others. I found out not only what they were saying was true, but also that Linda Colt was the only person who seemed to care at Lowrance about helping the customer. It was good to know that there was one person you could turn to, but scary, too. What if she retired, was on vacation, or something like this happened? Then you'd be stuck with horrible service all the time. And on very buggy units to begin with, it was enough to send me over to HB, especially when I was seeing so many helpful posts from Greg, Eddie and the rest of the HB gang. Talk about a night and day customer service experience! That's a very important aspect of buying when I'm investing the kind of money the higher end electronics go for these days.

I've been following the Linda Colt saga since that thread started over on BBC. We are only hearing one side, but it sure does not look good for Lowrance/Navico when the only person that seemed to care is gone, no matter what the reason was.
John B
997C SI, 798CI SI  NVB
(formerly owned 1197C SI NVB)

Offline gaberdeen

• Unit(s): none yet
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »
Dam glad I found this forum and this info in the nick of time. I was just about to buy the HDS7 but now I'm gonna go with the HB unit. Glad I didn't waste my money. Linda sounds like a great employee, sorry for the stupidity of lowrance.

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 06:44:46 PM »
I know that Lowrance name is still out and available but lets remember that the parent company is navico. they are making the decisions now.  This always seems to happen when a company is sold to another group.  Linda is not the only person to go by the way side.  However, all of this new company positioning can only help Humminbird. I was an old Lowrance supporter but have since the sell out moved all my eggs to the humminbird basket. Greg, Mark, Eddie and the entire support staff at Humminbird are very helpful.  Martin and Robert are also some of the best help we as Humminbird users can ever hope for. 
This forum is probably one of the best if not the best ever for the user community. 
Good job guys (and girls)     Chuck

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo