Software and Software Development > Humminbird PC

Helix 7 w/ HumminbirdPC

(1/3) > >>

KJINTF:
Have a Humminbird Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N

I understand Humminbird states that if the unit has a SD card the head unit does not interface directly to a PC
Is this indeed true?   

Sure hope not  / I do not much like removing the TINY Micro SD card too fragile

Which cable set is the preferred interface method if my unit will directly connect to HumminbirdPC

AS PC 3 cable or AS EC CHART and AS EC QDE cables?
The Ethernet interface would be my choice then I can easily add the Helix to my switch/router and see it on the network   

Thanks in advanced for the help

rnvinc:
The HELIX 7 SI is not listed as compatible with the AS PC adapter cable  ...

Click "Shop Compatible Accessories" at the bottom of this page  ...
https://www.humminbird.com/Products/AS-PC3/

HB can verify this for sure for you  ...
1-800-633-1468

Rickie

KJINTF:
I do not put much faith in their web site compatibility listings
Many times the items listed and the pictures differ - additionally they are not up to date with Helix accessories
Tried talking with a real person at Humminbird that might know something with NO luck 

rnvinc:
OK so I'll email someone and see what I can dig up  ...

Rickie

HBirdDeborahCRC:

--- Quote from: KJINTF on July 09, 2017, 09:05:18 AM ---Have a Humminbird Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N

I understand Humminbird states that if the unit has a SD card the head unit does not interface directly to a PC
Is this indeed true?   

Sure hope not  / I do not much like removing the TINY Micro SD card too fragile

Which cable set is the preferred interface method if my unit will directly connect to HumminbirdPC

AS PC 3 cable or AS EC CHART and AS EC QDE cables?
The Ethernet interface would be my choice then I can easily add the Helix to my switch/router and see it on the network   

Thanks in advanced for the help

--- End quote ---

If you want to use HUMMINBIRD PC with the HELIX 7 GPS units we recommend using it via the MSD card.   If you rather use the PC Connection cable which was designed for units that have no MSD/SD card slot then you would use the AS PC3, PC connection kit to attach the unit to the computer to interface with the Humminbird PC program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version