Author Topic: Editting Bread Crumbs on 798  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Beth01

• Unit(s): HB798ci
Editting Bread Crumbs on 798
« on: May 05, 2013, 10:08:58 AM »
Howdy!

I need to know how I can edit old trails but yet still keep specific trails in order to free up some clutter.

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: Editting Bread Crumbs on 798
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 03:47:17 PM »
Welcome to the web site Beth01 (first time poster!).
Are you meaning to delete some of the tracks that are in your unit but keep others or are you meaning to actually edit the trackpoints within a track?

You can select each individual track that you do not want and select to Delete them.  Depending on which version of software you are running in your unit will depend on what the menu name will be to do this: it will be the “Saved Tracks” menu if you have older software and the “Waypoints, Routes, Tracks” menu if newer software.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline Beth01

• Unit(s): HB798ci
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »
What I was meaning to say is that I have specific bread crumb trails that I want to keep because they mark specific "runs" into creek channels and hazardous areas but I would like to edit the other trails that cause clutter on my graph.  I have been unable to copy the screens from my unit to the card and based on what the Humminbird CS Rep said, I should be able to edit these trails from the card and then re-enter them onto the unit.

Offline matt@reefmaster

• Unit(s): 997
  • Software: 4.75
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 04:16:36 AM »
Hi,
If your specific breadcrumb trails are already saved as separate tracks on your unit, then its easy - just delete the tracks that you don't want and keep the ones you do. You can do this either directly on your unit, or using Humminbird PC.
If you need to edit tracks - eg cut a small section that you want to keep and discard the rest - then you need to use another application. The free edition of ReefMaster will let you import tracks as GPX files (run them through HBPC first) and then edit them graphically on top of background maps - crop to range, delete, filter on depth, delete individual points, rename etc. Then you can export as GPX and run them back through HBPC to get them in the format required for the unit. I made a post about track management here - the only thing in that post that you can't do in the free edition is consolidate multiple tracks into a single slot.

thanks,
matt
ReefMaster - Waypoint Management and Underwater Mapping Software for Fishermen

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal