Author Topic: Sorry for this!  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Dryberry

Sorry for this!
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:13:19 AM »
Hi all,

First off I know this a site about the side imagining units. However, I don't know where else to go with this question. So I'm sorry in advance.

My question is I want to use my Humminbird Ice 45 in my boat. I need suggestions on how to rig up a mount for the transducer. Any suggestions on how to do this or where I could find information on how to do this would be a huge help.

Thank you

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Re: Sorry for this!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 11:16:23 AM »
Dryberry,

Not a problem!  There is a section for other Humminbird units on the forum here.

I would recommend some type of pole mount that can be deployed when running.  The transducer is not designed to be mounted to the transom and attaching it in-hull with epoxy would limit your use. Unless you bought a second transducer.

So, maybe some sort of PVC pipe on a trolling motor bracket.  Run the wires up thru the pipe and the transducer should snug up against the end opening.  You may want to use some double sided sticky tape, hot glue or even blue tack to hold it to the end of the pipe. 

I don't think this method will be good for any high speeds though!  But should work pretty well none the less.  A second, permanent transducer that you could possibly epoxy in the hull would be the best solution.

Good Luck,

Robert
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:18:39 AM by RGecy »
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal