Our Community > Jolly Roger

Happy 46th Birthday Jolly Roger!

(1/4) > >>

RGecy:
Happy Birthday Harry!  Hope you have a great day. 

Thanks for all the great work here on the site.  You have been a great help.....and a great friend!

Robert

Jolly Roger:
Thank you Robert!

Luckily I don't have to work today and can cure my musclepain from sanding, hehe. Looks like I have to change my name from Jolly Roger to Sore Arm.

Most of it is done, just a small part on the starboard side of the bow. If I would have known what I was about to start when I thought about getting the under water part overhauled, I propably would have sold the boat!

Six days laying under the boat and SCRATCHING the old paint off is something I wasn't up to. This old stuff is so stubborn, it can't be sanded! I started sanding using 40 grain paper and have to find out that as soon as the old pain gets warmed up from the sanding paper, it starts to melt and clogged the paper.
I tried paint stripper and made things even worse. The whole crap ended in an ugly mess and had to be washed off immediately, because it attacked the gel coat.

Well, today I don't work on the boat. The family will show up in afternoon and my mother has made her famous Black Forest Cherry Tart: Yummie!!!  ;D

Have a great day as well!

Harry

sonar2000:
Glucklicher Geburtrstag   .......    Remember and older man is a wiser man.    Take a day off and enjoy the Tart.  you can send us some of the left overs.  Thanks for being a good neighbor and friend. Your contributions to this forum are outstanding.    Chuck   

Jolly Roger:
Thanks Chuck,
I never thought I would meet such good people in an internet forum. Never even dreamed of finding more than just people who share the same hobby or interrests but friends.

Wish you guys would be here and party like hell  ;D. I'm sure there wont be left overs to send  ;).

Regards / ("tarted") Harry

Chiboo:
Harry, Happy Birthday !!!!   
Accept a heap of good wishes!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version