Side Imaging Forums > Helix Series Units

Airmar TM150C-M-HB and helix 10 MSI G4N and y-cable

(1/1)

Nickd:
Does anyone have any experience using this combo?  I just purchased a Helix 10 G4N to replace an old 1198c.  Have the new HDSI MSI ducer and want to use an Airmar TM150C.  I see now Airmar makes a direct plug in TM150 to HB.  Will it work with the Y-cable for MSI ducer?  Can I set the frequencies for the Airmar and just let it go?  Any guidance?

Thanks...N

rnvinc:
I do not know what the frequency capability of the Airmar is  ...

I do know that you have control of the CHIRP frequency ranges (2d/DI/SI) by accessing the “CHIRP Configuration” Menu under the Sonar tab  ...

Rickie

Nickd:
Thanks.....Well here is what I found out from HB....Not that helpful, but some info.

It SHOULD work....Not a great answer coming from a company that has an entire PDF dedicated to all the airmar products they support.  It will work directly connected.  If I use it with the Y cable, I can set frequencies (95-155) by hand. 

I guess thats the best I can get.  When i asked if they tested any with the Y-cable, They reacted like i had 3 heads.  I mean come on......thats probably the most used option!!

Anyways, the ducer arrives tomorrow.  Will test and post back.  Honestly, the easiest solution for all this mess is to put 2 ducer inputs on all these screens.  Solves a bunch of issues and less cables to worry about!

N

MarjanK:
Hi NickD

Did you get it and try it? Are both transducers working?

I am also interested and would be happy to have a concrete test. Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version