Author Topic: Too Much Negativity  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
Too Much Negativity
« on: May 30, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »
Well....Let me say 1st that I really enjoy the diversity of knowledge and the unique application of SI technology on this forum.  It is one of the first forums I discovered when looking to buy a SI unit, and I have gotten a lot of great info on here.

But....it seems to me there is too much gryping and generally negative comments on this forum lately.  Just too much Humminbird bashing.  I have probably been guilty of this myself, but I try to get things off my chest and then move on.  Seems like Greg takes an awful lot of flak when he is trying to help also.

I am getting way to crabby myself in my old age.....and am gryping myself as I type this.  I could just start avoiding this forum, but really don't want to do that.....so, I am going to gripe a little and see if it helps or just offends people.
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline George

• Unit(s): 2 - Solix 15s AutoChart Pro 1198
  • Software: Always up todate
  • Accessories: SI on Transom and Trolling Motor
Re: Too Much Negativity
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »
Bob B

In some ways you are right, but it is good that everyone can speak their mind. sometimes the negativity points out issues, that we need to know about.

Greg does a great job and I presume he takes the negative comments in stride just as customer service has to take a lot of guff.  Humminbird's customer service including Greg, is the best in the business.  If you look through this forum you will find that most people spend time helping each other and that out ways the negative discussions.

Because of Humminbird's customer service and forums like this many of us will always be diehard Humminbird cutomers/users

George 

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply George.

I am definitely an advocate of letting Humminbird know when you think they have fallen short.....I have done that myself.....and will continue to do it in the future.   I think it is good for Humminbird to hear what their customers aren't happy about.

I don't want to give specific example of what I am talking about, but sometimes a thread is pretty much hijacked because of it.
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 07:47:08 PM »
Bob, B, while we dont want to hold back postings it might be that those of who moderate should take a more active view of posts and try to splitout possible hijacks or make some comment aobut staying on thread.
The posts have been good for the most part latley but as I think back we may be leaning on hijack.

all right moderators lets get to our business and keep threads on topic.

Chuck
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:06:14 AM by sonar2000 »

Offline ITGEEK

• Unit(s): 1198c -Team Watters SS - Lexerd SP
  • Software: 7.670
  • Accessories: XM Weather - Weathersense
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 08:19:43 AM »
It's understandable when people get upset that their fish finder doesn't work right.
I've been in that situation a few times myself.

More often than not, it can be solved by a user educating themselves, and doing
some online research.  And, the last resort, calling HB customer service.
This site is a tremendous resource of information.
I'd say I learn something each week here.

This site is very mild compared to what's out there.
On some sites, people fight all the time.
You don't see that here.

If people have genuine complaints, and voice them appropriately, then it will make the Humminbird product better for everybody.

Some complaints are just user error or just user ignorance, and shouldn't never even
be posted.

I think that Humminbird is a great company, but they have a long, long, long way to go as far
as thoroughly testing some of the software updates they put out to the public.

There's an old saying that you can't please everybody, all the time.  That is so true
with fishing sonars.

Greg does put up with a lot of crap here, but I think he is thick skinned, and he can take it.
Otherwise, he would have left the forum.  Greg is a solder in the sonar wars, and unfortunately,
sometimes we are the enemy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal