Side Imaging Forums > Onix and Ion Series

Need help with Humminbird Onix display

(1/2) > >>

hayabusaracer:
I bought a new Humminbird Onix 8 touch screen a couple months ago. I've had it out on the water at least 6 times and it had worked great until yesterday. I powered it up and could barely see the screen display. I can only barely see it if the sun is shining directly on the display. I checked voltage with it off and with it on at the factory power cord. 12.68 both on and off. It is wired with 8 gauge power and ground wire back to starting battery. The brightness is turned all the way up. I brought it back home and powered it up with an external power supply and a different power cord I bought so I could play with it at home. It had the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I will call Humminbird tomorrow but I just wanted to make shure I wasn't overlooking anything first. I have examined the pins on the unit and they all appear to be straight.

rnvinc:
After the unit fully boots into Normal or Simulator - press the power button 1 quick press to bring up the power Xpress menu ...

Make sure "Night Mode" is not turned on ...

Rickie

hayabusaracer:
When I do that the screen goes completely dark. I tried it in a dark room but that doesn't help. The only way I can see anything is if I shine a flashlight on the screen.

hayabusaracer:
I tried using the HDMI connection to display on my TV but that didn't work either. The TV never recognized it.

rnvinc:
Sounds like time to call HB ...

1-800-633-1468

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version