Software and Software Development > Humminbird PC

HBPC and google earth icon issues...PLEASE HELP ME

(1/1)

FL_freshwater:
I downloaded HBPC and assigned the wrong file location to the GE icon. I can't figure out how to assign the correct file path to the icon now. I tried the following:
1. Uninstalled Google Earth Pro
2. Uninstalled HBPC
3. Restarted computer
4. Downloaded HBPC
5. Downloaded GE Pro
6. Open HBPC and when I click on a waypoint and then the GE icon it does nothing. I don't get the prompt to assign the file location to the icon like I did the first time I loaded it.
Called Humminbird 3 times in the past three days each time for about an hour and they can't figure it out, just keep asking me to uninstall and reload. PLEASE HELP ME........

rnvinc:
Try in this order :

1. Uninstall GE
2. Uninstall HBPC
3. Open your PC Downloads folder and make sure the GE .exe and HBPC .exe are not there - if they are present delete them  ...
4. Restart PC
5. Download and install GE (minimize and leave the program running)
6. Download and install HBPC
7. Test

Rickie

FL_freshwater:
Rickie,
Tried that and no change. The GE icon still does nothing. Any other thoughts?

rbdavis3591:

--- Quote from: FL_freshwater on November 17, 2020, 08:58:20 PM ---I downloaded HBPC and assigned the wrong file location to the GE icon. I can't figure out how to assign the correct file path to the icon now.
--- End quote ---
What file location did you assign Google Earth Pro in HumminbirdPC? I know if you rename the name of that incorrect file, open HumminbirdPC, load a GPX file and try to open Google Earth Pro it should prompt you to enter the GE file location which should allow you to provide the correct Google Earth Pro file location.

If successful you should then be able to rename the incorrect file name back to its correct name.

rnvinc:
You might look into this uninstall program  ...
https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/

It cleans deeper than Windows native uninstaller  ...

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version