Author Topic: LakeMaster "AutoChart"  (Read 133757 times)

Offline Terrible45

• French Humminbird Forum
  • Unit(s): 998 HD SI - 998 SI
  • Software: V6.680 - Reefmaster
  • Accessories: TERROVA I pilot Link/Weathersense/360°
LakeMaster "AutoChart"
« on: July 09, 2013, 05:03:34 AM »
Hi all,

Since the official announcement of the purchase of the software Dr Depth by Johnson Outdoor and the upcoming announcement of the application AutoChart Map LakeMaster is it something planned for those pollsters Humminbirds and which aren' t the U.S. versions, but of Humminbird Europe, Australia etc, and who uses map Navionics in a Humminbird sonar?

For the Humminbird sonar version "Cx", Can 't we be able to follow map contours with the pilot I Link ?

Xavier
(Sorry for my poor english school)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:46:20 AM by Terrible45 »
LOL and VERY LOL

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: LakeMaster "AutoChart"
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 02:27:59 PM »
Xavier,
Are you asking if the International unit users will be able to make their own maps using the AutoChart Map feature and use the i-Pilot Link to follow the contours of those maps?

I don’t know if anyone knows the answer to that yet.  You may have to wait for additional announcements on this.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline Terrible45

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 02:36:19 AM »
Greg,

Yes is exaltly, with AutoChart or other software because with the international sonar Humminbird  i don't  have a map Lakemaster.

I have a I Pilot Link, ( for information in French a price is $ 1500,00 USD ) and i make very many essais, with many softwares, but map contour didnt' work or just with a file .hit create since a remote. 

it is a shame for us to have hihg tech equipement and not being able to capitalize on the water.

Greg, you make a very good job on this forum , and me, i make a similaire on the official French Forum Humminbird but only by passion for the brand Humminbird and Minn Kota ...

Best regards
Xavier

LOL and VERY LOL

Offline albe

• Unit(s): 998c SI
  • Software: 7.670
  • Accessories: DrDepth BT/SS mapping
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
Humminbird's AutoChart should be available this coming Fall. Here is a link to more information about it.

http://www.lakemap.com/autochart/

Offline newkid4si

• Unit(s): 998c si
  • Software: v 5.70
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:21:58 PM »
Surfin the net and found this video on AutoChart.
Took awhile for page to load.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/ICAST13.html?ccode=HUMMIN13C

Mike

Offline Terrible45

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 07:21:16 AM »
 :'( snif  :'( snif  :'(
LOL and VERY LOL

Offline Mark1000

• Unit(s): 1197c SI
  • Software: 5.500
  • Accessories: GPS antenna
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 10:19:16 PM »
Anyone know if AutoChart will be able to use my data collected using Dr. Depth?   I collected it on my 1197C.   Mapping with Dr Depth has been the most important thing my HB sonar does.  I've spent 3 years and hundreds of hours on the water mapping.   Will be quite upset if I have to start over after giving up all my vacations for the last 3 years to map with Dr. Depth.   I enjoyed the time on the lake in the snow, rain and on those beautiful days, but I don't think I can start all over again with HB! 

Offline CHOOhonets

• Unit(s): 998 HD SI
  • Software: 6.49
  • Accessories: AS SI LR Y cable
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 05:13:10 PM »
That's a bomb! Is it gonna be U.S. and Canada only?

Offline Kokanee

• Unit(s): 598ci HD SI w/HDSI xducer , 561, 400ID
  • Software: 6.460
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 08:56:24 PM »
Mark 1000,

Sorry to hijack, but Mark needs to rest easy that he will not loose all his data.

I almost bought DrDepth and a week later is was sold (to Johnson Outdoors). Then I discovered ReefMaster which is so superior. It uses HD and Lowrance data, creates custom "user maps" of your favorite lakes to load into your HB, can add foreground and background overlays, and soon will view and add sonar (2D, DI, SI) image recordings and overlays.

I could go on for an hour, but you need to try their free full-featured two week trial. It will blow you away. I have only had ReefMaster since June and have mapped about 30 lakes for a fishing forum site and create user maps for local Search & Rescue agencies.

PS: I am in no way connected with ReefMaster, just an enthusiastic user who wants to share the possibilities.

Oncorhynchus nerka

Offline CamoHunter

• Unit(s): 1199ci HD SI, 788ci HD, 788ci HD
  • Accessories: AutoChart Pro, Terrova 80 - iPilot Link
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 01:16:10 PM »
Reefmaster does appear to be superior in some regards.  But for a humminbird owner, it doesn't appear that you can create a map card for your depthfinder.  Maybe you can, and I just missed it, but I didn't seen it anywhere.  If you can, please let me know and a screenshot would be nice. 
You can export waypoints, and a couple contour lines as track files, but I'd prefer to create a lake map on a chip, just like a lakemaster chip, which is the big key Autochart offers.  With autochart, I'll be able to create my own lakemaster chip.

Offline Kokanee

• Unit(s): 598ci HD SI w/HDSI xducer , 561, 400ID
  • Software: 6.460
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
Commenter,

When you said "You can export waypoints, and a couple contour lines as track files,..." that is how you create your own "chip", by exporting track files. The chip is your lake map ("user map") which you load into your Hum minbird or Lowrance.

You should contact Matt at ReefMaster for more professional info. I have only recorded about 30 lakes and have all of them on SD cards as user maps. Matt can give you the best info.
Oncorhynchus nerka

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
Okay, I have an email in to Reefmaster to see if they could send me some images. 

My point was this though.  It generates a map image (.png) which is positioned geographically for lowrance units. 

To display a lake map on a Humminbird, you create contour maps as track files.  This isn't really what I'm after.  I'm not looking to import a bunch of track files to give me a "lake map".  That would limit what you could save for boat tracks and other data, and I don't think it would display like I would want it to. 

I'll see what kind of information they can send me back through email, and see what it'll look like though. 

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Got a quick reply from Reefmaster, so here you go,

"Although ReefMaster works perfectly well with Humminbird sonar log and track files, there's no getting away from the fact that maps on Humminbird units do not look as good as they can on Lowrance. Unfortunately, Humminbird does not open up their internal map formats to external developers, so what we do is "fake" maps by creating contours out of tracks. These can look quite good, and can certainly convey enough information to location, areas, etc."

So, kind of like I presumed.  I think I'd be happier with the maps that AutoChart will produce as far as viewing them on my Humminbird unit.  Although Reefmaster would be able to do more on the PC computer. 

Offline wallywatcher

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
Says autochart can be used with 2 million lakes on the chip. Does anyone know if there is a list of lakes to see before you buy it? I bought the Navionics chip, but it only has 2 lakes in PA that are with in 2.5 hours of my house. I thought the autochart software sounded perfect but I don't want to buy it and find out none of the lakes I fish are on the chip. THANKS

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 10:13:52 AM »
No list that I know of and with 2 million lakes I doubt there will be one.
The AutoChart chip only has zero outlines of the lakes.  You can still make your own maps of lakes that do not have the zero lines.  The zero line is where the water reaches the lakeshore.

Offline slabbacks

• Is it Friday yet!
  • Unit(s): 898c HD SI / 859ci HD
  • Software: 6.490
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 11:08:33 AM »
So I take it that it's a fill in the blank kind of thing.  The outline may be there but to create a map you will need to add the data collected to map a usable map?
Tell them I've gone fishing!

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 03:51:26 PM »
Yes.

Offline wallywatcher

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 06:12:14 PM »
Sounds good. Now I just need to find it in stock somewhere!!

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 07:40:12 PM »
It's not shipping yet.....Last I heard was maybe in April.

You can still start saving recordings and run the mapping software when it is released.
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline wallywatcher

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 07:56:32 PM »
This might be a dumb question. When I make a recording, do I need to use a certain screen or that doesn't matter? I bought my 899 in January. I live in PA so all the lakes are still froze. Haven't been able to use it on water yet. I've been watching tons of videos learning how to use it. This web site has been a great help too!! Thanks

Offline Bob B

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 08:28:12 PM »
It doesn't matter what screen you are viewing.  The unit records the RAW data.

Offline slabbacks

• Is it Friday yet!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 09:35:13 PM »
Will the .DAT file be pulled into the program and add to the map?

Offline Stymie

• Unit(s): 898, 898
  • Software: Latest
  • Accessories: XM Weather, TM 360, AS GPS HS
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 07:54:30 AM »
How much data can the zero line chip hold? Will you be able to purchase extra zero line chips if the first one gets full?

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 09:39:48 AM »
Chill out people!  Hard to answer questions on a product that isn't even available yet! 

Sounds like it should be soon, and should be able to answer questions better when people have it in their hand.

Offline slabbacks

• Is it Friday yet!
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 10:53:11 AM »
Camo that's the great thing about this forum, we have members on here that can answer some Q if not all.  Every little bit helps understand it better.

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 11:33:56 AM »
Patience young grasshopper  ;) 

I know some answers are available and have trickled out, and I have answered a lot of questions from other people on other forums about Humminbirds and Autochart.  The thing is, there isn't a list of the "2 million lakes" yet.  So all the questions like "will my backyard pond/lake/river/etc be one of the zero line lakes in Autochart, cannot be answered until there is a list published, or the Autochart program is released and we can look those up.  But, with 2 million lakes, I would say 99% of all water bodies in the US and Canada will be on the program available for you to survey.  I also read something, that if by chance a body of water is not on the program, there would be instructions of how to create your own zero line for a body of water...  though do not quote me on that last part.

I haven't read yet what the storage capacity of the card will be, and maybe that answer is out there that someone can answer.  But I did read, that you'd be able to store your maps and data in the program on your PC, and move those maps onto and off of the card if you have more areas than the card capacity would hold.

The point of my first post was that there are still a lot of questions about the program, that cannot be answered until we get closer to a release data of the program.  And that the program isn't even available yet.  Bass Pro and Cabela's have it on their websites, but list it as backordered.  "Backordered" is misleading though, since the program hasn't even been made available yet.  Essentially, they're trying to get you to 'pre-buy' the program.

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
You can find the lakes covered in LakeMaster by going to the following link and enter your state and county.  Unfortunately only two small lakes in this county are included and I never fish either of them.
http://www.lakemap.com/Find-a-Lake/

Chuck, you are WAY off the mark here.  The link you referred to lists the available lakes on their Lakemaster map chips.  (The lakes they have already surveyed, put on map cards, and sell to the public).

Autochart is something totally different.  Autochart is a PC software program, where YOU collect the depth data on ANY body of water, upload that data into the PC software, produce a map, and export that map onto the included SD card.  You essentially create your very own lakemap chip.  Autochart does not have a lake list out, but they've reported it includes shoreline data for over 2 million lakes in the US & Canada.  I would think that should just about cover ever pond, puddle, river, and lake out there.

Offline chuck41

• I'd rather be fishin'
    • Lake Ouachita Arkansas
  • Unit(s): 798ci si di Combo
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 07:21:59 PM »
Guess I misread that. Sounded like they had basic lake data included and you added to that with your own surveys. Apparently we will know soon. I have seen them advertised for pre-orders from a couple of sources.
I removed my previous post so as to not confuse others with it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:26:49 PM by chuck41 »
A bad day on the lake is still better than a good day at work!

Offline Nitro78

• French frog
  • French frog!
  • Unit(s): Solix mega
  • Accessories: TM265 LH + 2 side imagin transdeucer an
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 04:42:34 AM »
For Autochart you will be able to do all just from your data, and get your map on your Humminbird GPS. Don't need extra data from other source.
I cannot tell more.
Go on making your onw data and wait the launch day!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:44:45 AM by Nitro78 »

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2014, 03:39:14 PM »
Guess I misread that. Sounded like they had basic lake data included and you added to that with your own surveys.

Chuck, you're not too far off now.    The "Zero Depth Card" as they call it does have shoreline data preloaded as base data to start with.  Then, yes, you collect sonar data by doing your own boat surveying to add enough data to generate your own maps. 

The part that you were off on to begin with, was referring to the lake list.  There is not a lake list out yet for Autochart.  They have said it includes millions of water bodies, but could you imagine giving a list of over 2 million water bodies.  I think that is pretty inconceivable.

The lake list on Lakemaster's website, refers to the list of lakes on the Lakemaster cards they sell, not the Autochart program.

Hope that helps with the confusion.

Offline fresque93

• Unit(s): 997SI, 858c
  • Accessories: Interlink
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »
Has Lakemaster come out with a release date for Autochart? Anybody heard of anything?

Offline Bob B

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2014, 06:02:12 PM »
Not Yet.......Maybe Greg can tell us if it will be SOON....

Offline chuck41

• I'd rather be fishin'
    • Lake Ouachita Arkansas
  • Unit(s): 798ci si di Combo
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2014, 08:43:25 PM »

A quick internet search brought out these references to me.  Product looks great, but date is quite obviously somewhat nebulous.  Official statements from HBird last year promised it "in the fall of this year." (2013)  Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Sportsman's Guide today show it in their online advertisements.  Of the three, only Cabellas indicated on the primary screen it was a "backorderable" product with expected shipment in "2 - 3 weeks".  The other two don't give you a clue it is not yet available unless it is on their screens after you commit to purchase it.

Eric Haataja with Bill Carson Announcement at ICAST last year- (Jul 12, 2013) "Everything you can do with LakeMaster charts you can do with the chart you produced with AutoChart"
Lakemaster Autochart: ICast 2013

Bill Carson - Humminbird Marketing Products Mgr - Aug 11, 2013 New Product Announcement. - "Coming out in the fall of THIS YEAR"  (Well, missed that one)
LakeMaster AutoChart 2013

Bass Pro Shops Add for Autochart
https://www.basspro.com/Humminbird-LakeMaster-AutoChart-or-AutoChart-Pro/product/1309161254/

Cabellas, "Backorderable, Estimated Ship Date in 2 - 3 weeks"
http://www.cabelas.com/product/LAKEMASTER-AUTOCHART/1728308.uts

Sportsman's Guide Lists for $249.99 with no mention of current nonavailability.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/lakemaster-autochart-pro-pc-so.aspx?a=1579870

If the two YouTube videos leave you short of breath and drooling on your shirt, you can go ahead and preorder your copy today!  As for me, I am going crappie fishing.  Announcements for whoop-di-do products are often premature. This one is at least six months overdue according to their announcement as recently as only nine months ago.  Hope it is available in 2 - 3 weeks as Cabellas expects cause I want to hear some reports from actual users on real lakes.

Meanwhile I will also be looking at Reefmaster that does the same thing and is not currently in the class of "vaporware". 

Hope these links are helpful.
A bad day on the lake is still better than a good day at work!

Offline Bob B

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2014, 09:35:09 PM »
Well, Reefmaster is a good product........but does far from the same thing.

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2014, 11:55:25 PM »
"Backorderable" at all three retailers.  Pre-ordering...

I've looked into Reefmaster, and they are not able to produce the same type of quality lake map that autochart will be able to on Humminbird units.  On Humminbird units, they have to sort of 'fake' a lake map, by creating the contours with a bunch of boat tracks.  It's not what I'm looking for, quality-wise.  Navionics SonarCharts is a little better, but I'm not about to send them a bunch of MY lake survey data, so that THEY can sell more maps and make more money with the improved data I send them.  So I'm holding out for Autochart.

See the screenshots for the "pre-order" retailers:

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2014, 12:10:47 AM »
Is there any indication at those retailers if the Zero Line Card can be purchased separately...??

Rickie

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2014, 10:48:48 PM »
Highly doubt it.  But we'll have to wait and see.  I would bet JUST the card, would still cost you $100-$150, if it even was a purchase option down the road. 

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 12:48:20 PM »

Bob B, I’m a good boy and won’t use that four-letter word!
Sorry guys, no official word on a release date as of today.

Offline Bob B

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2014, 01:37:40 PM »
Bob B, I’m a good boy and won’t use that four-letter word!
Sorry guys, no official word on a release date as of today.

You must be trying to clean up your vocabulary :)

Offline Goosedwnr

• Unit(s): 1198SI & 998SI
  • Software: 6.740
  • Accessories: Terrova I-Pilot Link, AutoChart
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »
Just came home with Autochart Pro from the Minnesota Sports Show. I guess it's out!!!

-Cory

Offline Bob B

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »
Just came home with Autochart Pro from the Minnesota Sports Show. I guess it's out!!!

-Cory
-Cory
You know what that means.......now you have to give us some reports on it.  :)

Offline Goosedwnr

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 08:37:14 PM »
That's gonna be tough...still 2-3 feet of ice on the lakes! So nothing to report so far!

-Cory

Offline Bob B

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2014, 08:51:45 PM »
Do you have any recordings?

Offline D S

• Unit(s): 1198 ,798hd , ipilot link and 360tm
  • Software: 7.5
  • Accessories: HDSI reefmaster Dr Depth autocharts pro
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2014, 09:28:19 PM »
cory
can u tell us what vendor you purchased it from?? or was it direct from HB lakemaster??
stgr

Offline Goosedwnr

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 10:27:14 AM »
Purchased it from Thorne. They had a bunch left as we were walking out. Not sure of the whole name, just that it was Thorne. Hope that helps.

Bob, I have no recordings from last year that I could find. I just got the Unit last year so either I deleted them or they never got recorded.

-Cory

Offline newkid4si

• Unit(s): 998c si
  • Software: v 5.70
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 09:52:47 PM »
My guess is it was this business.

http://www.thornebros.com/shop/pc/home.asp

Phone number is near top of home page.

Mike

Offline Goosedwnr

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 11:15:57 PM »
I am thinking you are right, but I could 't find it on that website. I would call them.

-Cory

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: Humminbird "AutoChart"
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »
Look what I got from Little Falls, MN. today:

Now I just need the time to install it on my computer at home... maybe this weekend.

Anyone have any Sonar Recordings or Tracks that they would like converted to a partial lake map?  I lost all of mine when my external harddrive crashed.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:46:34 PM by Humminbird_Greg »

Offline D S

• Unit(s): 1198 ,798hd , ipilot link and 360tm
  • Software: 7.5
  • Accessories: HDSI reefmaster Dr Depth autocharts pro
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »
greg can u post link to where u oredered from ?  i need one !!!
ds
stgr

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2014, 05:20:18 PM »
Since he said Little Falls, MN, I'm guessing he got it direct from Lakemaster. 

Thorne Bros reportedly sold them at the sport show in MN last weekend, but they don't have them on their website yet.  Might be able to call them and get one. 

Otherwise, Cabela's says they're estimated to ship in 0-1 weeks.  So I'm thinking they'll be shipping them soon.

*Edit*
Both Cabela's & Bass Pro both show AutoChart basic as in-stock and available for purchase NOW! 
AutoChart Pro still shows as shipping SOON!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:37:50 PM by CamoHunter »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo