Author Topic: ADD PHOTOS TO GPS MARKS  (Read 4968 times)

Offline brobear

• Unit(s): 1100 & 700
  • Software: 4
  • Accessories: all
ADD PHOTOS TO GPS MARKS
« on: March 06, 2010, 07:03:39 PM »
Hi guys

Can anybody tell me how to add a photo to aps mark as my home lake has been dryed and i have photos of all my good snags and would like to add them to my humminbird1100.  Also can anybody tell me the difference between the waypoint info on google earth and the humminbird system as they are entered different. Thanks for your help i am new to this forum it is great.

Brobear

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: ADD PHOTOS TO GPS MARKS
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:26:59 PM »
Brobear,
Are you saying that you want to add some pictures that you took with a camera to show up with a waypoint (like the screen snapshots do now)?

Differences that I know of between Humminbird waypoints and Google Earth waypoints: the file format that they are saved in and possibly the coordinate system you have each set up for.  Try and set both to use the same coordinate format (dd.ddddd, DD MM.mmm, DD MM SS).  Even than I think that Google Earth uses more decimal places than Humminbird does.

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline brobear

• Unit(s): 1100 & 700
  • Software: 4
  • Accessories: all
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 07:07:39 AM »
hi Greg

thanks for the fast reply, yes i have some photo images off google earth that i want to add to my waypoints, the lake i fish was emptied and theses photos  i have show all my good snag piles, i thought i had seen photos added to waypoint  at a boat show? 

is there any way i can tranfer the waypoint on google earth  to my 1100.

Brobear

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
  • Unit(s): HELIX 9 G3N, 998Cx SI, 959DI
  • Software: latest (mostly)
  • Accessories: AS GR50, custom towfish and: A boat!!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 08:30:06 AM »
Hi brobear and welcome to the forum,

I don't know how you can save the GE "snapshots" as a waypoint so that they show up in your 1100. But that would be a nice feature for the wishlist.

If it's just saving the waypoints to have them for fishing, open HumminbirdPC and Google Earth. Create a new waypoint in HBPC and type or paste the coordinates into the LON / LAT boxes. Just make sure you use the same format.
To change the coordinates' format in GE click on "Tools" and scroll down to options and click on that. The formats can be changed to degrees (DDD.DDDDDD°), degrees/minutes (DDD°MM.MMM'), degrees/minutes/seconds (DDD°MM'SS.SS) and into UTM.

To change format in HumminbirdPC, click on "Edit" in the upper toolbar, scroll down to and click on "Preferences". Here the format can be changed in the position format box to degrees (dd.dddd°), degrees/minutes (dd°mm.mmm') and degrees/minutes/seconds (dd.mm'ss'').

To have your pictures associated with your waypoints in your 1100 I think it would be necessary to get your GE "snapshots" associated as a .PNG picture file to a .DAT file with the corresponding LON / LAT data and then uploaded to your SD card and then to the 1100. I don't know how to do this or if there's a way to do it.

Maybe one of the IT wizards here at the forum is able to get this done. Robert, Martin, Greg, Timo? Any ideas?

Regards to downunder / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »
I will say this, it is doable, even without a software update!

But its not something that's easily done.  Create the waypoint by creating a snapshot.  You could replace the snapshot image with the GE image.  They have to be identical in size, height, width, pixels, etc.  There is also a thumbnail saved in the S00##.DAT file and it would have to be changed so it shows up when you hover on it in the Chart View.  Maybe a piece of software on the computer to create the file, then just save it back to the card.

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 08:27:43 AM »
I like the request to overlay.  this would be cool to have the map show the picture instead of the topo map. from roberts post ist seems that we mmight be able to do this with some computer work.  However the idea of future software is a great enhancement for the units.  greg, weren't you looking for something to do????   :P chuck

Offline stillbear

• Stillbear
  • Unit(s): 997c SI - 1198 c SI - HDS-10
  • Software: 5.840 5.700- 4.0
  • Accessories: Barometer ,GRHA , 8gb 30 mb/ extreme III
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 07:35:48 PM »
Bro Bear I would walk out to my snagpile with my hand held gps and get the cord. then add it to pic.ect. GARY

Offline Chiboo

• SpearFishing
  • Unit(s): Solix 10 MSI+ G3
  • Software: 4.130
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 01:55:40 AM »
Greetings.
The raster theme is interesting. A question only is how it to take advantage. From the point of view of programming to show any raster a separate window adhered to waypoint, at prompting on a point - does not make the big problems. It is necessary to write only the external program, translating raster necessary to you (for example a picture from HV or topomap with the point specified by you) to a format screenshot HB. It will look, as pleasant addition to the general functionality of any model HB. But there is a main desire - work HB with other maps, raster topomap or vector which all of us we look forward-)))))

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo