Author Topic: Transferring google earth waypoints and tracks to Humminbird PC then to Solix  (Read 6491 times)

Offline Solix15Haynie

• Unit(s): Solix 15 SI+ G2
  • Software: 3.75
New to this forum and I'm sure this has been discussed, but Im hoping so, so that maybe the answer is out there already.

To clarify, I've got a pretty good understanding of converting files etc., but I generate a lot of new waypoint and tracks within google earth and want to manage them between GE and my Solix unit. Just got a new Solix the other day and when trying to get all of my tracks from GE to Humminbord PC then to the SD card (KML to GPX to hwr&ht file formats), but when Im trying to import the tracks I'm having the manually import each individual track one by one? I'm used to having a singular file that has the list of tracks iwthin the file and I would then only need to import one file, not per track. Im assuming Im doing some thign wrong within Humminbird PC?

I noticed that when converting files from GPX to ht. within Humminbord PC, its spits out individual tracks files per track and not a single file with all the tracks in it. DOnt know why and Im hoping im doing something wrong, curios as to why the waypoints and tracks are seprted into two differnt file types as well?

Also, when it comes to NAV data management as a whole, for someon who is trying to maintain custom NAV data (W/R/T's) within google and get them on a Solix unit, whats the best method to keep the data organized? I noticed that Humminbird PC generates a "group" and it appears to be all the same data as the file above it. Maybe transferring the group is the way to get the list of tracks in a single file?

Any help would appreciated, thanks!

Offline LittleGazoo

• Unit(s): SOLIX 15 G2, SOLIX 12 G2
  • Software: 3.640
  • Accessories: Ethernet
I WOULD NOT trust tracks with Solix units and hope Humminbird finally agrees to fix the Solix bug with tracks.
In the attached JPG:
The purple track is the true track imported via .HT file and displayed correctly until a reboot.
The gold track is the same track imported via GPX file and Solix G1 & G2 units incorrectly display track-points.
Solix software code incorrectly removes "apex-track-points" resulting in a cutting-the-corner path.
The software error is in the Solix's display-code.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo