Author Topic: iTracks to 1199 Not Uploading from AutoChartPro - Solved (Fingers Crossed)  (Read 4994 times)

Offline TheGooly

• Unit(s): 1199ciHD, iPilotLink, Ultera
  • Software: 7.65
Hi All,
Hoping someone is familiar enough to chime in.

HB 1199ci SI HD combo, AutoChartPro, Ulterra with iPilot Link:

1.   Unable to upload tracks or iTracks to 1199. Waypoints were created on HB unit or in Autochart. All tracks created in Autochart (HT or HIT). The waypoints are no issue they import fine. Message on upload is: 0 tracks, XXXX waypoints, 0 routes imported. (I don’t have any routes) Running ver 7.650 on HB. I’ve tried all manner of combinations of resetting to factory default on the HB; format Nav directory; order of power up of HB, Remote and Controller…No Joy!
I also tried using HBPC. I didn’t have the tracks in the file, just waypojnts. The 1199 didn’t like having both the HBPC file and the tracks in the MATRIX folder as it spit out an “Insufficient Memory” error after it uploaded the HBPC file. Hmm, do I have to import the tracks into HBPC? I’d rather not as I enjoy the simplicity of just using ACPro and copying and pasting files into the MATRIX folder.

2.   I also seem to be missing menu items under accessories for the iPilot…I only get three. I’ve tried various combinations of power up sequence here too; along with enable and disable of iPilot. Again, no joy. I’ve read if you have two SD card slots, the left is preferred by the HB unit for your Lakemaster chip. Yup, left slot it is.
#1 is my foremost concern as I have a fishing trip coming up and I’ve spent a lot of time learning and tuning my AC files to get them just where I want them. Only after all that work when I went to upload,  did I discover my issue. #2 only showed up after I went digging through my iPilot literature for possible answers and saw some screen shots with more menu items than I have. “Grr”

I came across a thread here where someone else was having similar issue but it looked like it had more to do with his KML files than his HT or HIT files. (CamoHunter, you da man!) As all my tracks are AC generated, I don’t think there is a relationship.

So, with nothing better to do on Father’s day, I’m in the cave googleing my heart out for information. Something I came across is this: http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/iPilotLinkUpdates/ and I can’t help but wonder if it may be part of the problem. I’m fairly particular about my electronics and anything requiring software updates. All units are running current revisions.

I bought my toys last year just before our annual trip. Downloaded all the latest software and performed all the updates. The link I’ve included here tells me that a particular “order” should have been followed. For the life of me, I had no idea at the time what unit I updated first. I’d be willing to bet it was the HB as both the Link and Controller instructions suggest the HB first. The other kicker is not knowing what version of software was on a given unit before I started the process. Maybe HB can tell me based on serial number. Unless insight or suggestions are available here, I’m going to be on the phone with HB in the morning.

Happy Father's Day to everyone! Hope you got that Gift card instead of a tie. ;D
Cheers,

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:38:22 AM by TheGooly »
I fish, therefore I am!

Offline TheGooly

Re: Tracks to 1199 Not Uploading from Lakemaster/AutoChartPro
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 02:13:28 PM »
Update...
I CAN get Tracks and Waypoints to load into the 1199. WOO HOO!! ;D
It appears that if any iTrack files are present, the unit does not see any tracks at all.
As for the "possible deviation" to the software update concern...non issue in my case. MinnKota and HB told me what the factory issued versions were and I did do it correctly.
Also know that HBPC doesn't like iTracks either. Tried putting iTracks into a GPX file after I got the other Tracks and Waypoints in. HBPC will not recognize an iTrack "No tracks or waypoints avaialble" is the response.

MinnKota tech was thinking something may not have taken correctly when I did the update to the 1199. Trying to get HB to send me a copy of 7.460 so I can downgrade and upgrade again.

Not sure what HB can do but they are moving it up the food chain internally. I await info.

Thanks for listening.
I fish, therefore I am!

Offline TheGooly

Re: Tracks to 1199 Not Uploading from Lakemaster/AutoChartPro
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 07:13:42 PM »
Apologies to those who may have read thus far. I suspect my issue needs to go to another forum as my conclusion thus far is that AutoChart may not be producing what my 1199 wants to see. That, or I'm missing something that makes an 1199 see iTracks on upload. Tracks and iTracks generated in AC all seem fine. It’s just when I try to load the 1199 with iTracks that things go wrong.

I was playing around in the garage and had the 1199 record an iTrack, just for kicks. I then exported it to the SD card. Besides the iTrack (hit) file there was also a DATA.hwr file. Hmm? Even more curious is that both files are named the same: IE: DATA.hit & DATA.HWR. The iTrack itself is IT001 (As displayed on the 1199). I’m not able to find anything in the AutoChartPro literature about HWR files to go along with iTrack files. Couldn't find anything at the HB site FAQ section either.

Also tried getting the two files into HBPC. No go. HBPC says “no data available”.

AutoChartPro will let you import an ht file but no option for hit files so I can’t look at the iTrack. The DATA.hwr file does not contain a waypoint so AutoChart comes back with “No New Waypoints Were Found.”

Last post here unless someone has any thoughts. I’m going to head over to the Autochart Forum for a bit.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:39:54 PM by TheGooly »
I fish, therefore I am!

Offline TheGooly

Re: iTracks to 1199 Not Uploading from AutoChartPro - Solution?
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 09:34:44 AM »
Hello all,
Not sure if anyone else has stumbled on this or cares but, after 18 months of “Poking” and “Prodding” Humminbird, I got an answer form them. Apparently it’s a software issue with a workaround. The following is what I received from them on December 20, 2016.:

“Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products. We do apologize for the delay. This is a software issue but we have a work around for you. You must have TWR data in the matrix folder created from Auto chart PC for the itracks to import properly. This means you will need to create a waypoint with the itracks when exporting out of Auto chart PC and this will need to be done with the Humminbird connected to the I pilot link system at least once before the itracks will be imported correctly to the Humminbird.”

I won’t be able to test the theory until I’m on the water again. Offering here in case anyone else can use the information.

Cheers,
I fish, therefore I am!

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
This is definitely info that may help some ...

I will have to make a note for reference in case I see your issue on any of the other forums ...

Thanks for posting your findings ...

Rickie

Offline TheGooly

Appreciate that, rnvinc.
FWIW: I posted this over on the Autochart forum as well. I wasn't sure where the issue was so I was attacking from all 3 angles: Humminbird support, Autochart & 1199.)  ;D

Cheers,
I fish, therefore I am!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo