Author Topic: All members  (Read 3252 times)

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
All members
« on: March 29, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »
Hi gang. It has been a while since I have posted so thought I would take some time and welcome new members and thank old members.
We have a lot of folks on the forum now and a great bunch of guys that help with various topics and information.  Thanks to you guys for all your time.
On another note; It has been a while since we have addressed general expectations for the forum membership.
When Robert first brought the forum forward his wish was to have a friendly but informative group of people supporting the Humminbird fish finder products. As with any product there are always questions and a need for help with operation or understandings.
We wanted this to be a place where folks would visit and find their needs met. And to feel comfortable with any thing being a member.
Along with the functional support it was also expected that everyone would get along with each other and not be offended with seemingly "stupid" requests. To that end this has always been the normal for the topics and posts.  Occasionally a post is placed or a comment within a topic that slides a little off to the side. This is where the moderator usually steps in and tries to smooth out the misdirection or comment. If the comment is upsetting or of unusual word description (offending) we try to edit or at last resort delete. We do this in hopes of keeping the group trusting and non offending to the membership.
Things have pretty well stayed in line and without little effort from the moderator.
Recently a topic got a little off base with some personal comments.
We know that at times people will take a different view within a topic, but if it is off topic or not relative to the topic it could be received as offending. If you feel strongly about a comment we only ask that you use the private message tab (messaging) and send your comment directly to the person or to use email. This prevents the topic from going in a different direction and often disrupts the topic from being answered.
With almost 12000 members we have a lot of different thoughts but those thoughts should be shared with good intentions.
OK. enough said. 
Again, I wish to thank those who have spent time and effort to support this forum and especially answering questions or helping with the needs of the user.
All in all, this forum is above most other forums and stays in good keeping with our original intentions for having a user friendly and respectable group of folks.
Good wishes for the coming year and may all enjoy their experiences with the Hummingbird products.
Thanks, Chuck

Offline fshndude

• Unit(s): Helix 8 DI+, 9 G2N, Helix 12+ A/C Pro,
  • Accessories: Ulterra i link, ethernet,
Re: All members
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 11:45:43 AM »
This form and crppie.com are the BEST.
Dave in Currituck,NC

Offline George

• Unit(s): 2 - Solix 15s AutoChart Pro 1198
  • Software: Always up todate
  • Accessories: SI on Transom and Trolling Motor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 05:52:13 PM »
Sonar

I think it is great to hear other points of views, at times I think I would like to purchase a new Lowrance unit, it has been around 15 years since I owned one and they were very good for the time.  We always need to hear from others what makes a competitive unit as good if not better.  We should never get personal, it is not fair to the person nor it it ever warranted to attack them.

George

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 06:27:21 PM »
Thanks George.  what makes this forum good is the ability to ask a question and get an answer.
We don't mind questions relating to how other manufactures units stand alongside Humminbird. A person making a purchase should have the opportunity to compare.
While this forum is basically for HB products, comparison comments are welcome.
Those comments are expected to be in good taste and in keeping with the original guideline set for this forum.
When a post gets personal or comments are not in good support is when we (moderators) step in and try to get things back on track and to keep offensive postings from disrupting the conversation.
I think over the years this forum has helped a lot of people and certainly it seems we have a good set of guys who know the product and are willing to help.  You are one of them..

If there are no more comments to this topic I will be locking the thread in the next day or two.   

Chuck
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:36:55 PM by sonar2000 »

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »
Topic locked....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo