Author Topic: Onix 10 SI GPS sonar data - disapearing  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Martins

• www.eholotes.lv
  • Unit(s): 2xHelix12 and HDS9 Gen3
  • Software: latest
  • Accessories: AC PRO, AS 360xSSI, MG Xi5 GPS, Lowr.HDS
Onix 10 SI GPS sonar data - disapearing
« on: September 19, 2015, 02:08:11 PM »
Still wondering about Onix Jokes.

The NEW one:

On Wdnesday did some mapping on lake, recorder 2D sonar data to improve local map. Recorded about 5 hours of data, total volume about 700 Mb. Came at home and switched on PC, open Autochart PRO, import data ... ups.... SD card have no data. OK, problem... lost  data.. too bad...

Today - 2 recordings of 2D sonar, abot 400MB each. Before leaving water - checked on Onix unit - yes, I have data :) Lucjy me :) I have nd see also data made on Wednesday :) Super! On that card, card Nr.2 :) OK, export all navigfation data. Sure... Onix standard sentence - media not available. Another card - media not available. 3rd card - OK, export dome, just waypoints, no tracks, no routes, no i-track... OK.

Cam at home , insert right SD card into PC - no data. Fu....K. No data, no hidden folders... nothing... 1,5 Gb lost... Other old files are safe and nice :) No record of Onix...

Did anyone recognize such miracle? Where is data?

Is there any new updates for ONIX 10 SI expected? I am really tired, all the time sometnig new...

Offline Martins

• www.eholotes.lv
Re: Onix 10 SI GPS sonar data - disapearing
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 02:18:12 AM »
by the way

Went to boat again. Now I ee that I definetely have no data as I cannot find mentioned files anywhere.

OK, let's try to get out data from tracks. Autosave is ON and I must have duplicate. Sure :) After exporting data of last track I did try to import gpx data in Autochart. No way :) This function is cutted as many more. OK, we have better friend - DrDepth. Importing Onixblablabla.gpx... nothing... just coordinates of track, no depth data.

Some more usefull info:

During yesterdays mapping I made some nice screenshots of SI, old boat about 30 meteres long, some fish areas. You can guess 3 times - do i have these screenshots?

For the moment - Onix10 SI is a piece of problems. It works some days and then again - making problems.

I trully hope to meet guy who is responsible for Onix "software"... At the moment this is not 3500 EUR unit. You cannot relay on it, just expect new show with new jokes.

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »
I have left a message with Camohunter ... He probably has more experience with AutoChart than anyone I know ...

Maybe he will check in here soon ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:36:37 AM by rnvinc »

Offline CamoHunter

• Unit(s): 1199ci HD SI, 788ci HD, 788ci HD
  • Accessories: AutoChart Pro, Terrova 80 - iPilot Link
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
Sorry I couldn't reply sooner.  I was gone elk hunting for 10 days. 

Sounds like your issues are with Onix, and not so much with AutoChart. 

You might first want to take a look at the Onix Manual, and learn the process for creating/saving/exporting track files.  Same with sonar recordings.

Here's a few things to try. 

First, lets just see if you can get humminbird tracks (.ht) files to import.  That is the simplist type of depth data, which contains a bunch of latitude, longitude, and depth points.

Next time you go out, save your current track before you start.  That way, you'll have a new track started that will only contain the new data for your time on the water.  Boat around for 10-20 minutes, then 'Save Current Track' BEFORE shutting off your Onix.  Now you need to insert an SD card and go to Home -> Files -> Export -> Nav Data from your Onix to the SD card.  Now take that SD card to your computer, and open AutoChart. 

Once you have AutoChart open, select "Import".  Track files are saved in the MATRIX folder on the SD card when they're exported.  So, in AutoChart, after you've clicked Import, open your SD card, go into the MATRIX folder, make sure you change the file type that AutoChart is looking for to 'Humminbird Tracks', and you should see some .ht files (000.ht, 001.ht, 002.ht, etc). Import the last number, which will be the most recent track you created. 

Hopefully, you see a bunch of data points with depth data.

Offline Martins

• www.eholotes.lv
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 01:35:10 PM »
Thank you for your kind reply, CamoHunter :)

DrDepth - 5 years, AutoCarht PRO - all this season and about 7000 km of tracks changed in custom maps, Sir, is present competence level. Trying to import *.ht was the last attempt after son files were lost definetely, just informed everybody, that Autosave of tracks does no mean that you should not save data like on old 997(if you expect to use recorded data, of course).

By the way - touchscreen stopped to work as well. This unit damaged 2 SD cards durring 1 summer, one - zeroline card.

Does anyone know about updates for Onix? Will it become faster or will remain like it is forever? I have Lowrance HDS GEN3  on boat as well, itš just working, no complain :)

Offline CamoHunter

• Unit(s): 1199ci HD SI, 788ci HD, 788ci HD
  • Accessories: AutoChart Pro, Terrova 80 - iPilot Link
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 02:43:25 PM »
I can't be of much help then.  Sounds like you've worked with AutoChart plenty enough to know that program well, and that you've pretty much figured out that your Onix is the one causing most of your issues. 

Right now, I'm glad I've stuck with my 1199 and not gone with an Onix unit. 

Good luck with your issues!

Offline Martins

• www.eholotes.lv
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 02:56:16 PM »
Thank you, I also think about switching to 1199 SI. Should be OK.

If you have any info about isues for Onix - please help as in our country - there is no strong support :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo