Author Topic: Worn out?  (Read 2010 times)

Offline maxfli

• Unit(s): 987c si
  • Software: 4.770
  • Accessories: N/A
Worn out?
« on: January 25, 2011, 01:10:34 AM »
I have my 987si since they came out in 2004? The images I'm getting now don't seem to me as clear and crisp as they once were. Do transducers become weak over time, or maybe one of these software upgrades has done something. Just curious, I have inspected my transducer for damage and It looks fine, not even scratched up too bad. minor scuffs.

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Re: Worn out?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:50:35 AM »
maxfli,

Do you have any comparison images from a few years back 2005/2006 and some from now to compare? 

The only thing I could think of is some of the Enhanced settings.  This was one of the biggest issues when this update was released was that the images may not look as good if the unit is not "tuned" right. Getting the setting right can be tricky and is best done in playback mode with the recording paused.  You can adjust the settings while its paused to see what looks the best.

It is possible that the scuffs on the transducer could be degrading the image as well, but it sounds like they are minimal.  They would have to be on the side of the transducer anyway to affect the SI elements.

Post us some pictures.

Robert

I
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal