Author Topic: New from NY  (Read 2952 times)

Offline RedHawks22

• Unit(s): 998c, 998c
New from NY
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:51:01 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just joined the forum today and wanted to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Sean and I live in upstate NY and fish a lot of our local and regional tournament trails. I purchased 2 998c's for my iClass last year (one for the TM and one for the helm). I only had one opportunity to use them before I put my boat away for the winter (where it still remains unfortunately) but I figured I might as well join now since I probably will and already do have plenty of questions for you gurus who have been running SI units for some time.

Thanks,
Sean

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
Re: New from NY
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 07:42:30 PM »
Welcome aboard Sean
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline newkid4si

• Unit(s): 998c si
  • Software: v 5.70
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:32:18 PM »
Sean

This lingering winter will give you an opportunity to spend some time reading through the many post here. A wealth of information. Welcome aboard.

Mike

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 12:27:31 PM »
Welcome to the Humminbird Side Imaging Forums Sean.

If you can get to your boat or at least bring one of the 998’s inside’ where it’s warm, you can practice using the Simulator.  I would leave the rods on the boat though as it could get a little dangerous casting in the house!
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline RedHawks22

• Unit(s): 998c, 998c
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 03:47:43 PM »
Haha. Thanks for the warm welcome. I do have them inside and I am fairly tech savvy and I have already done loads of research on them so I am pretty confident I will know what I am looking at once I get them on open water.

I was having some Side Imaging Interference issues (helm unit) the one time I was able to use them prior to putting my boat away. However, I will have to wait to get the boat back in the water before I try and determine what the root cause it. I also had some horizontal "hairs" sticking up off the bottom like pictured in this post (in fact, if I remember correctly, my screen looked very similar to his)...

http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=6921.0

Once I get the boat out, I will be sure to post some pics and hopefully be able to post a fix.

Thanks,
Sean

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal