Author Topic: ReefMaster release log  (Read 28677 times)

Offline matt@reefmaster

• Unit(s): 997
  • Software: 4.75
ReefMaster release log
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:57:40 PM »
2013-02-24 V1.0.4.44

Minor release fixed the following:

* Humminbird tracks that had filled (and started refilling from the front) were being imported incorrectly.
* Segmented tracks not displaying corrected on V6+ Humminbird unit software.

The application will auto update the next time it is started (with an active internet connection).
ReefMaster - Waypoint Management and Underwater Mapping Software for Fishermen

Offline xSilmarilSx

• Unit(s): HB 798ci SI HD - HB 778c Quad Beam
  • Software: 6.250 - 5.320
  • Accessories: TG W, NMEA Cable, Ethernet
Re: ReefMaster release log
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 12:59:02 PM »
There something wrong with your software... I can't seem to import my data to try it... GPX files, DAT files.. It pops a bunch of errors. But everything works with DrDepth.

Your software seems nice with the included data, but it need to work with mine!

Offline mako101

• Unit(s): 798si hd
  • Software: 5.210
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »
Mine worked fine, all i had was Hummviewer recordings, used the export function in .gpx form as Matt suggested, all the tracks loaded up and also waypoints from HumminbirdPC loaded up as well too, the issue i have with it is that its just a bunch of lines that can be imported into a GPS unit, its difficult to tell wether the terrain is ascending or descending, need some shading or numbers on the contours.

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 05:21:34 PM »
There something wrong with your software... I can't seem to import my data to try it... GPX files, DAT files.. It pops a bunch of errors. But everything works with DrDepth.

Your software seems nice with the included data, but it need to work with mine!

Hi Silmaril,
It would be great if you could send some examples of files that are not importing  to support@reefmaster.com.au - I'm sure we can get it working if you are having issues.
Matt

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »
Mine worked fine, all i had was Hummviewer recordings, used the export function in .gpx form as Matt suggested, all the tracks loaded up and also waypoints from HumminbirdPC loaded up as well too, the issue i have with it is that its just a bunch of lines that can be imported into a GPS unit, its difficult to tell wether the terrain is ascending or descending, need some shading or numbers on the contours.

Hi Mako,
Unfortunately it doesn't seem as if Humminbird are ever going to open the door to letting small third party software vendors provide that kind of functionality. Having said that, take a look at the multi coloured contours thread and see what you think of that approach. This will be included in a release early next week - if your trial has run out by then, PM me or email registration@reefmaster.com.au and we can extend the trial so that you can try it.
In my opinion, where ReefMaster excels is as an offline analysis tool for fishing locations, where you can visualise specific areas that you fish, locate waypoints etc, as well as being able to put enough information back on your unit to help you fish in those areas. For example, a set of contours to define a drop-off so that you can drift or troll along it, or the outlines of rocky outcrops etc. And also of course as a waypoint management tool that is a bit more user friendly than the other Humminbird offerings!
thanks,
Matt

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »
2013-03-31 v1.0.5.45

Maintenance release

•   Fixed crash on license key with no features set.
•   Revised interpolation algorithm and added max-interpolation parameter to project properties.
•   Modified “inconsistent device profile” error msg on import – more descriptive and only show once.
•   Fixed problem with non-Anglo locale number settings.
•   Maximum 3D model Z-Scale parameter increased from 5 to 10.

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 09:06:04 AM »
2013-04-10 v1.1.0.46

Feature release:

• Native support for Humminbird sonar log files, including v6.6+.
• Significantly performance improvements for map and contour generation.
• Much improved interpolation algorithm for areas of sparse data.

If you are a current user, I encourage you to download this release as soon as possible, as the improvements to map generation are significant.

If your trial period of ReefMaster has expired and you would like further time to evaluate the program, please send and email to support@reefmaster.com.au.

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »
2013-05-01 v1.1.6.60

•   Fixed problem with kml exports.
•   Fixed issue with .DAT snapshot imports.
•   Added colour options for contours, labels and background in map image export.

Colour options for contours and labels are a user request and are very useful for exporting *just* contours (use the transparent background palette). For example, if you change the contour and label colours to white, and export the contours over a transparent background, you can then import the resulting kml file into Google Earth and display readable contours over a dark background, as shown in the example below.

ila_rendered

The modified export image dialog, with colour pickers for background, label and contour colours.

ila_rendered

Offline Jdeee

• Unit(s): 1198
  • Software: 6.10
  • Accessories: External gps HS
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 05:32:33 PM »
Matt can these coloured contours be see on the Humminbird screen once imported back in?

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 01:04:02 AM »
Matt can these coloured contours be see on the Humminbird screen once imported back in?

These screenshots are of image exports for use in Google Earth (or for printing, use in documents etc).
Contours on Humminbird units can be set to a range of colours using the track line style options on the HB unit.
thanks,
Matt

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 05:35:15 PM »
Hi Guys,
I'm sorry to say quite a (potentially) nasty bug slipped into the most recent release, which could end up position generated contours inaccurately. A new release has been made which rolls back a few changes in that area. I would encourage all users to quite the application and restart, and let the application update when it prompts you to do so.

thanks,
Matt

Offline flatcat_auz

• ManWhore for Hire
  • Unit(s): 798CXI HD SI
  • Software: Version 6.250
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »
I installed your program a long time ago and when the trial expired I uninstalled Reefmaster.

Today I have just uninstalled HB PC and tried to reinstalled it and it defaults to your program and will not let me install HB PC. Why?

Below is an error log created when I did not allow access to the internet to 'download' reefmaster:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
   Windows          : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
   Common Language Runtime    : 4.0.30319.18034
   System.Deployment.dll       : 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
   clr.dll          : 4.0.30319.18034 built by: FX45RTMGDR
   dfdll.dll          : 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
   dfshim.dll          : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
   Deployment url         : http://reefmastersoftware.blob.core.windows.net/reefmaster/ReefMaster.application

ERROR SUMMARY
   Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
   * Activation of http://reefmastersoftware.blob.core.windows.net/reefmaster/ReefMaster.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Downloading http://reefmastersoftware.blob.core.windows.net/reefmaster/ReefMaster.application did not succeed.
      + The remote name could not be resolved: 'reefmastersoftware.blob.core.windows.net'

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
   No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
   There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
   * [14/07/2013 10:44:10 AM] : Activation of http://reefmastersoftware.blob.core.windows.net/reefmaster/ReefMaster.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
   Following errors were detected during this operation.
   * [14/07/2013 10:44:11 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
      - Downloading http://reefmastersoftware.blob.core.windows.net/reefmaster/ReefMaster.application did not succeed.
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
         at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.Net.WebException
      - The remote name could not be resolved: 'reefmastersoftware.blob.core.windows.net'
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
   No transaction information is available.

ManWhore for Hire.
Affordable rates.
Sorry No Seniors Discount.

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 02:33:08 AM »
Hi Flat Catz,
This is actually a bug in the HBPC installer, where it runs the wrong "setup.exe" application after it extracts its own installation files from the HBPC download. I encountered the same problem last year when HBPC kept installaing an old application every time I tried to run it.

This is how to fix it:

When you downloaded the HBPC installation, it will probably have saved into your default "downloads" directory. Chances are, you will have other files named "setup.exe" in this directory, as this is a very standard name for an installation, and is the name of the ReefMaster installation file. When you run the HBPC installer, it extracts a bunch of files internally, once of which is also called setup.exe. For some reason - best known to Humminbird engineers - the HBPC then runs the setup.exe that exists in the same directory as the HBPC download, in preference to its own, if such a file exists. In your case, it runs an old ReefMaster setup that fails (version has changed since).

To get round this problem you either need to remove any existing setup.exe files from your download directory, or copy/move the HBPC download to a different directory (an empty one, just to be sure), and run it from there.

Please feel free to raise this issue with HB.

thanks,
Matt

Offline tkalfaoglu

• kalfaoglu.net
  • Unit(s): Helix 5 GPS G3
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2024, 05:21:25 AM »
Hi. I see very old posts on most forum topics. is this software still being developed?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo