Author Topic: my first look...............  (Read 2978 times)

Offline overspray

my first look...............
« on: February 28, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »
Was at Bass Pro today, and finally got to get my hands on the 898, they had on demo. I have one on order, but like most I'm waiting patiently for it to arrive. But after doing that it just made the wait that much more difficult. These things are amazing. I know I still have alot more learning to do on the units, and I'm reading all I can, but I'm more of a hands on guy and can learn more if I have something in my hands rather than from a book. But as they say good things come to those who wait.........................................I hate waiting ;D 

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Re: my first look...............
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:17:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum and hope you get your unit soon!  You will have tons of questions once the unit arrives and you get to play with it a while.

I am the same way when it comes to hands on! ;D   But, I would certainly download the 898 manual and do some reading there. 

I would also suggest looking at the topics related to settings.  And get your SD cards now if you haven't already.     

Good luck and keep us updated!

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline soretoe

Re: my first look...............
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 10:58:09 PM »
When you do receive it, you would be wise to spend a few hours on the lake playing with your settings. It will help a lot.

Welcome to the forum. We have great mrembers here and you can get your questions answered by factory people if the other members cant answer them.
Freedom isnt free, if you want to know the real cost visit a national cemetery or VA Hospital.

I can also be found at;
http://allatoonabass.proboards.com/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal