Author Topic: GPS  (Read 1613 times)

Offline river life

• Unit(s): 798 ci hd combo
  • Software: 5.840
  • Accessories: none
GPS
« on: January 12, 2019, 07:44:12 AM »
Mega g3n si at the console , mega g3n di at the bow linked  ultrex mega built in di . Question .. I want to install external gps puck. How many and where ? Does one or both need to have heading sensor ?  Waypoint from the console should be  shared and show up on the bow unit. If two pucks are being installed which puck is going to take me back to the waypoint.
>)))*>

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Re: GPS
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 10:17:37 PM »
A few things to consider  ...

Heading (from an AS GPS HS antenna) is best utilized at the bow while fishing to help orient targets on the Chart view - simply because boat speed at the bow is generally slower - which can cause the GPS to have difficulty in maintaining boat orientation  ...

An external GPS antenna at the transom will help alleviate waypoint inaccuracy caused by the transom xducer being as much as 6-7ft away from the internal GPS antenna in the console head unit  ...
----

Creating a Waypoint assigns latitude and longitude to a spot on the Earth (as compared to the position of the GPS antenna used when marking the waypoint)  = thus any future GPS function (regardless of which GPS antenna used or where that GPS antenna resides) looks for that spot on the Earth  ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:22:10 PM by rnvinc »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal