Other Humminbird Products > Matrix Series Fishing Systems

Unit plug for matrix 97

(1/2) > >>

hays47:
Got a used Matrix 97 I am going t use for ice fishing. Got an ice ducer for it and other stuff but cannot find the cable plug that make the wiring from the ducer , gps module and power cable into a quick disconnect. I know the 997 and 1198 plugs don't work. Or does the Matrix 97 just have the wire plug directly in and thats it.

Have no idea since I have never owned a Matrix before. User manual does not mention it and can't find anywhere on internet. Will be nice when I get everything tracked down as the Matrix 97 is now compatible with the Lake Master mapping chip.

Humminbird_Greg:
You need the 540161-1 Matrix 97 Cable Retainer Bracket.  You will have to order this straight from Humminbird 1-800-633-1468.  Its not a quick disconnect as the bracket is held in place with two screws.

hays47:
Thank you Greg you are a Prince. But the fish in Ohio may have cause to dislike you now.If we get a decent ice season here. 3 years in a row been lousy because of  weather patterns.

hays47:
Went to order and the lady said they no longer stock that part number. Long time ago in the days of the CH-30 Humminbirds paper graph. Humminbird quit stocking parts for it.

For something like 30 years I went to Lowrance products and never looked back.Until Humminbird came out with the 987C.

If companies only knew the ill will sowed by making door stops out of outmoded but still useful equipment.

Especially in cases where the part is inexpensive and indeed may be a slow mover but the phrase penny wise dollar foolish was invented for a reason.

Anyway thanks a bunch for trying to solve problem Greg. I will try and use without it and hope for best,

Humminbird_Greg:
CH-30 paper graph?  That was like back in the mid-1980’s!  We stopped making the Matrix 97 back in 2009.  Even though we don’t have any in stock I asked around anyways and no one had one at their desk that we could mail to you.  Try just plugging them in by hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version