Author Topic: How do I do this?  (Read 2356 times)

Offline D Johnson

• Unit(s): 2 networked Helix 10 Chirp SI GPS G2N
  • Software: 1.610
  • Accessories: B1gF1sh@HB
How do I do this?
« on: April 10, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
I have just added a HELIX 9 CHIRP GPS G2N on my bow beside my HELIX 10 CHIRP SI GPS G2N.   We Spider Rig for crappies and my fishing pardner and I both sit at the bow.  He will be using the 9 with the fishing charts and recorded tracks but would also like to split the display and use 2D sounder screen.  While at it he might as well do the AutoChart Live.  I will just be using the 10 for DI and SI using the TM mount.  The 9 is using the transom mount mounted on a retractable mount I made at the bow.  I don't think there is a way for me to shut down just my 2D unless I am missing something.   How can I make this work? Don
Don

Offline newkid4si

• Unit(s): 998c si
  • Software: v 5.70
Re: How do I do this?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 09:22:12 PM »
Don

You may not want to shut down 2D as that is created from the 200kHz beam which is also used to determine the depth.

Mike

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 10:06:25 PM »
HELIX units cannot shut off the 200kHz  ...which is used for digital depth  (like Mike mentions) ...regardless of which view is being displayed  ... 

You most likely will experience Crosstalk interference when 2 units are transmitting the same frequency  ...

It is possible to Ethernet the units and allow both units to use the same xducer to eliminate Crosstalk  ...

Rickie

Offline D Johnson

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 11:21:15 PM »
Thanks to both of you.  I am networked so I will give that a try.  I might also try using the transducer on the stern which is the one belonging the the helix 10 on the console.  I guess I have a lot of options with 3 units networked.  I just need to try them Friday.  Don
Don

Offline D Johnson

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 08:50:49 PM »
Gave it a try to day on a crappie fishing trip.  The 9's 2D display was great using the transducer that came with it.  That transducer is mounted on a SS pole with a Ram Mount about 3 feet aft and to the left of the 10s TM mount.  I ran split screen SI/DI on the 10 and the displays were clean.  Don
Don

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal