Author Topic: LakeMaster Contour Elite  (Read 7406 times)

Offline George

• Unit(s): 2 - Solix 15s AutoChart Pro 1198
  • Software: Always up todate
  • Accessories: SI on Transom and Trolling Motor
LakeMaster Contour Elite
« on: February 18, 2012, 12:42:26 PM »
I recently purchased Contour Elite for Texas/Oklahoma, overall it is pretty good.

One thing I do not seem to be able to find is the latitude and longitude of specific points when in the 3D mode!

I have observed some pretty interesting points but find that I have to go back into 2D and I lose my point of interest, am I doing something wrong?

Does anyone have any tips on this program?

George

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
Re: LakeMaster Contour Elite
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »
George,
I don't know if you watch this forum or not...   http://www.bbcboards.net/zeroforum?id=279   .....Maybe post over here and ask Doug.  I think he knows the Contour Elite software pretty good.
He is the one with all the good videos.
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline George

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:45:49 AM »
Thanks Bob

I have been on the site for a long time, the bbcboards forum is not nearly response as this site, you can wait a month before some responds.  I have watched Doug's videos and and asked the question, no responses yet.  I know that the Contour Elite Software for Texas/Oklahoma is new so it might take a little bit to catch up.

I do think that not being able to get a Latitude and Longitude from the 3D mode is an oversight and needs to be addressed.  I am hoping that LakeMaster will have some updates and as this software become more popular that more videos will be made.  I have searched the web for all of the videos I could find and have watched everything I found so far.

George

Offline stillbear

• Stillbear
  • Unit(s): 997c SI - 1198 c SI - HDS-10
  • Software: 5.840 5.700- 4.0
  • Accessories: Barometer ,GRHA , 8gb 30 mb/ extreme III
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »
George I will fire mine up and get back with you.  Gary

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 02:14:18 PM »
George, .....Hope I'm not pushing it too hard, but Doug was off to a major tournament and wasn't responding much for a while....He seems to be keeping up again.
It might work to do something to revive the question over there.

I have a Lakemaster chip, but don't have the contour Elite software.  From what I have seen of it, it looks really good.....Anyone watching this thread who doesn't know about Countour Elite software, go here and watch some of the videos referenced in the thread. http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=763785

It almost seems like Navionics is going more toward Lowrance and Lakemaster to Humminbird.  I saw that the last software update for Lowrance had some special features for Navionics.
Stillbear has got all the bases covered. :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:40:01 PM by Bob B »
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline Irishrover

• Unit(s): 997c SI Combo NVB and 898C SI Combo
  • Software: Navionics NVB
  • Accessories: Lakemaster Pro Map Wisconsin
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 01:05:15 AM »
Does anyone know if the Lakemaster Contour is available for Mac's? Also are all of the Lakemaster chips going to be updated w/version 3's for 2012?

Offline stillbear

• Stillbear
  • Unit(s): 997c SI - 1198 c SI - HDS-10
  • Software: 5.840 5.700- 4.0
  • Accessories: Barometer ,GRHA , 8gb 30 mb/ extreme III
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 05:56:07 AM »
I recently purchased Contour Elite for Texas/Oklahoma, overall it is pretty good.

One thing I do not seem to be able to find is the latitude and longitude of specific points when in the 3D mode!

I have observed some pretty interesting points but find that I have to go back into 2D and I lose my point of interest, am I doing something wrong?

Does anyone have any tips on this program?

George
   George If you are serious about your fishing and want to take it to the next level, Contour Elite is a must. As this program grows it will become a Pros advantage for the average fisherman. I will eagerly await the next release form Strategic Fishing Systems and what it will hold when trying to out “trump” todays Contour Elite.

Pros:

Too many to list. Read above.

Cons (but more of a wish list):

*Adding to and editing your target points and lines while in 3D view. Maybe impossible right now but would very cool to drop a point when looking at a structures contouring

Offline George

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »
Stillbear

I have Contour Elite for TX/OK, LakeMaster's chip for TX/OK, Navionics Platinum S Chip and Fugawi's Navionic's Hot Maps Explorer with an HD map of Lake Eufaula (no longer available).  Plus I have purchased topographical maps of the lake.

My issue is with Contour Elite when in the 3D mode.  When I am in the 3D mode and see some interesting points, I cannot find away to identify the location of these areas.  I have found some very strong peaks in 3D and cannot get a Lat and Lon or a waypoint on them.  When I go back to 2D I lose the point where I am at.  Lots of my software shows me the lat and lon and the depth as I scroll around on the map but Contour Elite does not do this (unless I am missing something).

It is probable that I am missing a basic understanding on this, maybe you or someone can help me to define the waypoints while in 3D.

Thanks
George 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:50:00 AM by George »

Offline SFS

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »
Hi George,
Being able to add waypoints or at least grab the lat/long coordinates from locations within the 3D viewer is high on our list for future enhancements....thanks to input from users such as yourself.   One complicating factor is getting an accurate coordinate from a surface that is tilted.  It's straight-forward to get a location from a flat map, but when the surface is tilted, latitude, longitude, or both can be skewed depending on how the 3D surface is tilted.   

For now, the best work around we have to offer is using the info tool.  If you push the info tool button and then click on a location on the 2D map, it places a yellow dot at that location and gives you the lat/long coordinates in the "information area".  Then, you can open the 3D viewer to see where that yellow dot is on the 3D surface of the lake bottom.  If you find that that yellow dot isn't on your spot of interest in the 3D viewer, then you can go back to the 2D viewer and adjust the location by clicking on the map again with the info tool.

It's not ideal, but after going back and forth 2-3 times, you can usually get the location.

Thanks for giving Contour Elite a try providing your feedback to make it an even better fishing tool!

Brian
SFS

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo