Author Topic: I did an Export All Nav data move now...  (Read 13282 times)

Offline nediver

I did an Export All Nav data move now...
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:29:47 PM »
I can't open the file I now see in a folder called Matrix-says software can't be found; Web search comes up empty too; I of course went to the HBird see to see if the software might be there but the site continues to frustrate the daylights out of me. Why?

- I can't find my account even though I'm logged in; Clicking on the My Account tab after logging in sends me back to the Log In page to start all over again;

- I don't see a My Profile link anywhere; I see a My Account link but as stated above that is a circle back to the beginning;

- Can't find a direct link to the software download page I've used in the past (after logging in etc.);

- Can't get anything by doing a word search for software-that lands me on a hardware page offering stuff for sale from HBird;

- Can't find help by going thru the FAQs;

This site has always been tough. I need some help here.

Thanks all.

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Re: I did an Export All Nav data move now...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »
nediver,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Humminbird Site.  What happens to most people when they go to log in is they enter their user name and password and just hit enter.  And then it shows a search result page.  It is not logging you in.  The focus of the page for some reason is on the Search button, and when you hit enter, its actually pressing that one instead of the Login button.

Try to enter your user name and password and then hit tab then enter.  (or click on the login button with cursor).  This should log you in and you will immediately see your My Profile page.

Try that and let us know if it helps.  Otherwise, I do have the Humminbird programs here on the forum for download.

Good Luck,

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline nediver

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 10:50:15 AM »
Robert thank you very much - that worked. And that being said MAYBE YOU CAN GET HBird to listen to us.

I say this because I have made suggestions (in writing) to HBird but they blow me off when it comes to actually implementing any of them (Want one I sent them? How about calling...."My Account" and "My Profile" by just one name, considering they are....the same thing?; One day I was on Tech Support with them and the rep directed me to go to My Profile. I said I don't see "My Profile". She said go to "My Account"....as it was the same thing. I suggested to her that they change the name accordingly-of course that never happened. Sounds like a small point but it's not-not when you're following directions to the letter at 10 at night to accomplish something important and have nobody to talk to.

If I'm told to go to "ABC" I GO TO ABC-not "XYZ. Period.).

1) Why in the world would they design a site where ENTER doesn't do the job? Huh? Stupid stupid stupid; Wasting my time and yours, plus no doubt thousands of other owners-wow;

2) Now that I'm into the site (thanks to you), I don't see the software I need-where is it? The unit does this copy All Nav Data thing, but I have no way to open it? And there is no solution on the HBird site? If there is something on the HBird site that you know of that allows me to actually VIEW what I copied, please tell me where because I don't see anything anywhere that looks like it will do the job; If not, please do HBirds job for them and tell us where we can fiind software that will open a file called "DATA.HWR".

These things are not a small issue-at least to me. I've been screwing around with this particular software issue since yesterday-wasted nearly an hour (so far) searching for a solution. And that's just this issue. Multiply it by thousands and thousands of HBird owners and we have a massive massive waste of time.

Not good-not good at all.

I look forward to finding out how I can get the software needed.

Thank you so much for your help.

Offline nediver

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:18:10 AM »
Robert,
Noting my reply above here's another one that I went around and around on, only to find help in these forums not from HBird:

Earlier this summer I started to use the video function to records scans. Now that I had a scan, I of course can't view the results no matter what I try. After wasting yet more time in the HBird site I post the problem on the Net.  And what do I find out? That XTF software is not viewing software but application software to MAKE videos not VIEW videos. HUH?

That's like buying a new car but not getting a set of keys.

You would think HBird would post information to this effect, but no. You would think not only would they post it, but direct us to a source such as Yellowfin to obtain software to you know....solve the problem.

But no. So I wasted yet more time to solve a prolem that should NOT have been a problem in the first place.

No doubt HBird personnel are reading this-but off the top of my head I still do not see any reference or solution(s) on their website, so this issue remains an issue.

Why is beyond me.

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 03:33:02 AM »
Humminbird decided not to create a playback software and instead chose to use some 3rd party apps that used a universal recording format.  The SON2XTF program converts the Humminbird SON format to XTF format so it can be viewed in the 3rd party playback softwares. 

There are some out there that do not require the SON2XTF converter.  I suggest you read up on the different softwares here in the software section of the forum.  Check out HumView, YellowFin, DeepVision, and others!

Godo Luck,

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 11:49:12 AM »
nediver,
Sorry to hear that you are having so many issues with the Humminbird web site.  Without sticking my foot too far into my mouth and getting into trouble (again); I will say that there are many of us here who continually ask for changes to be made to the web site but that we are tied as to what Humminbird Employees can actually change.

To view the HWR.DAT file you need to download and install the HumminbirdPC program.  It should be one of the files shown when you log into the Humminbird web site.

There is no reference to 3rd party software for viewing the video from your Humminbird unit because the design intention was that you had everything you need to view the video (your unit) – unlike your reference to buying a car and not getting the keys to go with it.  The ability to view this video on your computer was something that some Customers asked for and so the added conversion files were developed.  After that some made their own 3rd party software which is not a Humminbird product and so is not referenced on the Humminbird web site.

I would like to thank Robert and all those who have written software to view the sonar recordings as well as he and others that developed these web sites and take their own personal time to help others that have questions on these and other matters related to Humminbird products.

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline nediver

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 09:26:05 PM »
Thank you Greg. The insight is helpful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo