Images, Snapshots and Videos > Side Imaging Videos

How Did you Learn to See Fish on Side Imaging?

<< < (2/2)

rnvinc:
I see fish ...

Keep that SI Range shorter to make fish echoes bigger ...

Rickie

normo:
Thanks, this is what I have been looking for.  Could you identify which unit was used for each of the four screen shots top to bottom?  Fresh or saltwater?  Any idea what size fish are being displayed? 

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: normo on September 18, 2015, 09:19:59 AM ---Thanks, this is what I have been looking for.  Could you identify which unit was used for each of the four screen shots top to bottom?  Fresh or saltwater?  Any idea what size fish are being displayed? 

--- End quote ---

Those 4 shots are all fresh water from a 1197 ...But notice none of the SI Range settings are past 75ft ...

Fish make very small echoes when the SI Range is set so far out that mega-acreage is trying to be squeezed into the display size ...

*1st Amber shot I would guess as catfish simply by the fish being so close to the bottom and close to their own shadows ...

*2nd Inverse shot is Asian Carp 5-50lbs ... They were everywhere that specific day ...

*3rd Blue Shot ... I have no idea what those fish were ...

*4th Blue Shot was a school of yellow bass 8-10inches long ... They destroyed my minnows I was using for bait ...(also notice the SI Range in this shot was 30ft to get those 8-10 inch fish to show that size an echo in the SI image) ...

I would suggest keeping your Chart Speed to match boat speed (or 1 notch higher to elongate fish echoes) ...

And experiment with the palette choices ... Some days I like Inverse ...some days I like blue ...some days even Amber or Green works better ... Surrounding light conditions really dictate which palette choice will work best that day ...

Rickie

jimham82:
Suspended fish are easy to identify.   Fish on the bottom are not quite so easy.   Add to that if you are fishing in the bright sunshine it might be harder to read.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version