Side Imaging Forums > 987c SI and 981c SI

side imaging frequency

(1/1)

brantley:
In reading my manual on the 998C SI I have, it states I have two frequencies I can use on the side imaging. 455kz and 800kz. When I try to change  from the 455 to the 800 it only  shows two frequencies 455 or 252kz. My unit was puchased in Feb. 2013 , is using 6.420. Is the 800kz  somewhere else or unavailable. I can find nothing in manual referring to the  252kz. Any help appreciated.
Brantley

Rickard:
You actually have three side imaging frequencies, but the lowest, 262 kHz, is not mentioned in the manual. The frequencies are set by the selection made in the Transducer Select menu. Obviously, your unit must be set to Sidescan which means the unit operates at 455 and 262 kHz. This setting is used with the old XHS 9 SI 160T transducer. If you have the newer XHS 9 HDSI 180T transducer the unit should be set to Hi-Def sidescan in the Transducer Select menu. The instructions on how to set the units for different transducers has always been obscure, to say the least.

Rickard

brantley:
Thanks for the reply, I will check to see which transducer I have. Didn't even know there was another transducer avail. when I purchased or maybe it wasn't at the time.
Thanks,
Brantley

Humminbird_Greg:
The 998 unit were only packaged with the XHS-9-HDSi-180-T “Hi-Def Sidescan” transducer.
Check your Transducer Select (may be called “Connected Transducer”) menu and set it to the “Hi-Def Sidescan” setting as Rickard stated.
To change from the 455kHz to the 800kHz Si sonar frequency try adjusting the Imaging Frequency menu.

brantley:
Thanks again, you were right I had it  on wrong transducer.
Thanks,
Brantley

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version