Side Imaging Forums > 598c SI HD

cloudy on right side 598

(1/4) > >>

johnny miller:
Why cloudy on right side

rnvinc:
It looks like something may be blocking part of the right SI beam...

Can you post pix of your xducer install...??...from the rear, from the left, and from the right (at xducer level so we can see if something may be in the way...)

Rickie

Humminbird_Greg:
I’m thinking partial blockage of the right Si sonar combined with a failure of the right Si sonar beam…
Do you know anyone else with a Humminbird Si unit that would allow you to test your unit on their boat and their unit on your boat?  This would show us if the problem was in your unit or on your boat.  Any Humminbird Si model will work for the test even if you have to plug the unit in by hand and hold them there during the test.

johnny miller:
I have this on my trolling motor so no blockage.  I have even remove the transducer as requested and held in water same problem.  I have adjusted angles on the trolling motor same issue.  I sent an email to hummingbird with the picture no response.  I am calling them for sending the new unit back in.  Bummer.  Have to remove and retread wires.  Bummer.  I have no one to hook up to and dont think that should have to be done.  I have read other threads this seems to be happening other peoples units. 

Thanks

johnny miller:
Thought I would give a final update to my problem.  I received back my unit and transducer from Humminbird say unit has no problems.  I remounted with the same issues.  After 2 phone calls complaining of getting unit back without repair the nice Lady at humminbird sent out a new transducer.  She also assured me they would help if I had an issue.  Guess what?  It worked perfectly last night.  I am glad I keep visiting with the customer service.  Im glad they finally sent a new transducer out to me. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version