Other Humminbird Products > GPS Chartplotters and Non-SI Humminbird Units

787 trouble!!!!!!!!!!

(1/2) > >>

DTG:
I was uploading the new software and my unit wasn t down on the pedestal good and i turned it. It only flashes white screen now. No.1 Does it have to go back to factroyand no.2 how long does it take?

George:
DTG

Don't know if this will work, try disconnecting the cable for a while, then try restoring the software.  You may have to re install the older version first, then install the latest update.  If the unit sees the latest update and it is installed improperly, it may not go any further.

If this does not work, get in touch with HB's Support they are great, they will walk you through it and if you do have to return it, everything I have read is that they are very quick on the turn around.

George

DTG:
Even if its a white flashin sc reen

RGecy:
Make sure the SD card is removed and unplug it and power back up.  Let us know if that works.

If not, power down, insert SD card with latest update and power back on.  This may prompt it to do the installation again.

Robert

George:
DTG

The one thing about computers (this is a computer in its own way) is that you never know how it is going to re-act.  Over the years I have had a lot of equipment hang up and the only thing I have found to reset it was to totally disconnect it and walk away for a while.  After replugging in most of the time it resets itself.  With electronics you never know (for sure) what is going to work.

George

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version