Software and Software Development > ReefMaster Software

ReefMaster release log

(1/3) > >>

matt@reefmaster:
2013-02-24 V1.0.4.44

Minor release fixed the following:

* Humminbird tracks that had filled (and started refilling from the front) were being imported incorrectly.
* Segmented tracks not displaying corrected on V6+ Humminbird unit software.

The application will auto update the next time it is started (with an active internet connection).

xSilmarilSx:
There something wrong with your software... I can't seem to import my data to try it... GPX files, DAT files.. It pops a bunch of errors. But everything works with DrDepth.

Your software seems nice with the included data, but it need to work with mine!

mako101:
Mine worked fine, all i had was Hummviewer recordings, used the export function in .gpx form as Matt suggested, all the tracks loaded up and also waypoints from HumminbirdPC loaded up as well too, the issue i have with it is that its just a bunch of lines that can be imported into a GPS unit, its difficult to tell wether the terrain is ascending or descending, need some shading or numbers on the contours.

matt@reefmaster:

--- Quote from: xSilmarilSx on February 25, 2013, 12:59:02 PM ---There something wrong with your software... I can't seem to import my data to try it... GPX files, DAT files.. It pops a bunch of errors. But everything works with DrDepth.

Your software seems nice with the included data, but it need to work with mine!

--- End quote ---

Hi Silmaril,
It would be great if you could send some examples of files that are not importing  to support@reefmaster.com.au - I'm sure we can get it working if you are having issues.
Matt

matt@reefmaster:

--- Quote from: mako101 on February 25, 2013, 04:00:09 PM ---Mine worked fine, all i had was Hummviewer recordings, used the export function in .gpx form as Matt suggested, all the tracks loaded up and also waypoints from HumminbirdPC loaded up as well too, the issue i have with it is that its just a bunch of lines that can be imported into a GPS unit, its difficult to tell wether the terrain is ascending or descending, need some shading or numbers on the contours.

--- End quote ---

Hi Mako,
Unfortunately it doesn't seem as if Humminbird are ever going to open the door to letting small third party software vendors provide that kind of functionality. Having said that, take a look at the multi coloured contours thread and see what you think of that approach. This will be included in a release early next week - if your trial has run out by then, PM me or email registration@reefmaster.com.au and we can extend the trial so that you can try it.
In my opinion, where ReefMaster excels is as an offline analysis tool for fishing locations, where you can visualise specific areas that you fish, locate waypoints etc, as well as being able to put enough information back on your unit to help you fish in those areas. For example, a set of contours to define a drop-off so that you can drift or troll along it, or the outlines of rocky outcrops etc. And also of course as a waypoint management tool that is a bit more user friendly than the other Humminbird offerings!
thanks,
Matt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version