Author Topic: 2009 B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year Joins Humminbird® Pro Team  (Read 7464 times)

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
2009 B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year Joins Humminbird® Pro Team
« on: October 01, 2009, 09:08:20 AM »
2009 B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year Joins Humminbird® Pro Team

Kevin VanDam Looks to Keep Winning Edge with Humminbird Side Imaging®

EUFAULA, Ala. (September 30, 2009) - The most successful professional bass fisherman in history, and the innovation leader in the marine electronics industry, have joined forces in a quest to capture more tournament victories. Fresh off of winning his second consecutive B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year (AOY) title, Kevin VanDam is now an official member of the Humminbird® Pro Team and will compete in tournaments using the very latest in marine electronics technology.

"Electronics are a key tool for me, and although I haven't had an electronics sponsor, I've seen the advantages that Side Imaging technology provides and felt it was important to have every edge I can get, that's why I joined the Humminbird team," said VanDam. "Fishing the B.A.S.S. trail, I am well aware of Humminbird's reputation for providing reliable, high quality products, along with great service, and that is very important to me."

His most recent victory now gives the Kalamazoo, Mich., resident an incredible total of five AOY titles. He also took home the FLW Angler of the Year title in 2001. In addition, VanDam also has won two prestigious Bassmaster Classic tournaments. He consistently has been ranked the number one professional bass angler in the world by the popular Web site BassFan.com.

"We are extremely happy to have the most recognized and respected professional on the bass tournament circuit today as part of our team," said Humminbird Business Director Jeff Davison. "Kevin VanDam's solid character, achievements and ability to promote the sport of bass fishing align perfectly with the core values of our company. We're confident that the addition of Side Imaging, Down Imaging, and SwitchFire sonar to his boat will allow him to demonstrate the advantages of this technology in competitive bass fishing."

Since first being introduced in 2004, Humminbird's Side Imaging® fishfinders have become an important part of any serious angler's electronics package. Side Imaging technology provides picture-like images not produced by traditional down-looking sonar units. Several top bass professionals have credited Side Imaging technology as a key reason for success in highly competitive tournaments.

"We raised the bar in sonar technology when we introduced Side Imaging, and again with the addition of Down Imaging, and we'll continue to work hard to develop game-changing products and features that will help anglers catch more fish," commented Davison. "And Kevin's unique ability to teach anglers new techniques in seminars and television appearances will bring the Side Imaging story to life in a whole new way."

For more information visit humminbird.com, contact Humminbird, 678 Humminbird Lane, Eufaula, AL 36027, or call 800-633-1468.

Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics LLC consists of the Humminbird, Minn Kota and Cannon brands. Humminbird® is a leading innovator and manufacturer of fishfinders, fishfinder/GPS combo units, chartplotters, marine radios and digital depth gauges. Minn Kota® is the world's leading manufacturer of electric trolling motors, as well as offers a complete line of battery chargers, Trim Tabs and marine accessories. Cannon® is the leader in controlled-depth fishing and includes a full line of downrigger products and accessories.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:07:18 AM by RGecy »
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo