General > Humminbird In the News

Humminbird to Launch TRUE Down Imaging for 2011!

(1/8) > >>

Fishton:
As announced by BBG Marine -

These are the new DI models I show pending delivery. Pretty exciting to see Humminbird going head to head with the other guys. You gotta love competition.

570 DI
See more of what's down there for less. Select Humminbird 500 Series models now offer best-in-class, HD screen resolution along with picture-like Down Imaging Sonar.
Timber, rocks, even fish - watch it all take shape on crystal-clear,full-color 4.5" or 5" monochrome displays. With screens that size,it's easy to take advantage of versatile DualBeam PLUS Sonar and exclusive Humminbird SwitchFire technology. We're talking a beam sensitive enough to track a jig down to 70 feet and separate fish as close as 2.5" apart. Find your way using built-in UniMap or up theante with optional Lakemaster and Navionics cartography. Get allthis technology in a convenient in-dash mount, or use our Tilt & Swivel Disconnect Mounting System. With the 500 Series, big things are bound to happen!

5" Display
640V x 320H, 16 Level Grayscale
Down Imaging.
455kHz / 86 degrees @ -10db
800kHz / 55 degrees @ -10db
Single Beam
w/ SwitchFire.
200kHz / 20 degrees @ -10db
Depth: 250ft (DI), 1000 ft
2400 W (PTP), 300 W (RMS)

596c HD DI Combo
See more of what's down there for less. Select Humminbird 500 Series models now offer best-in-class, HD screen resolution along with picture-like Down Imaging Sonar.
Timber, rocks, even fish - watch it all take shape on crystal-clear,full-color 4.5" or 5" monochrome displays. With screens that size,it's easy to take advantage of versatile DualBeam PLUS Sonar and exclusive Humminbird SwitchFire technology. We're talking a beam sensitive enough to track a jig down to 70 feet and separate fish as close as 2.5" apart. Find your way using built-in UniMap or up theante with optional Lakemaster and Navionics cartography. Get allthis technology in a convenient in-dash mount, or use our Tilt & Swivel Disconnect Mounting System. With the =500 Series, big things are bound to happen!

5" Display
640V x 640H, 256 Color
Down Imaging
Single Beam w/ SwitchFire

597ci HD DI Combo
Timber, rocks, even fish - watch it all take shape on crystal-clear,full-color 4.5" or 5" monochrome displays. With screens that size,it's easy to take advantage of versatile DualBeam PLUS Sonar and exclusive Humminbird SwitchFire technology. We're talking a beam sensitive enough to track a jig down to 70 feet and separate fish as close as 2.5" apart. Find your way using built-in UniMap or up theante with optional Lakemaster and Navionics cartography. Get allthis technology in a convenient in-dash mount, or use our Tilt & Swivel Disconnect Mounting System. With the 500 Series, big things are bound to happen!

5" Display
640V x 640H, 256 Color
Down Imaging
4000 W (PTP), 500 W (RMS)
50 Channel GPS
Humminbird UniMap
Single SD Card Slot

788ci HD DI Combo
For crystal-clear results even in the murkiest water, reach for the powerhouse, High Definition Humminbird 700 Series, featuring a 5" diagonal screen, amazing 640V x 640H pixel clarity and unbeatable color and contrast. Packed to the gills with technology, this high-resolution fishfinder boasts an array of advanced features that will have you on the fish in no time.
With exclusive Humminbird SwitchFire, Side Imaging and Down Imaging Technology, you have more fishfinding options than ever. SwitchFire Sonar lets you choose your underwater view, see every detail or just the returns you want. It's the first sonar that adapts with your fishing conditions.Programmable preset buttons put your favorite views at your fingertips,and dual card slots provide top-notch flexibility on the water. Mount it in-dash, or with our Tilt & Swivel Quick Disconnect Mounting System. Connect to another Humminbird fishfinder for sharing of sonar, GPS and waypoints at blazing Ethernet speeds. There's no doubt: the 700 Series brings it all into focus.

5" Display
640V x 640H, 256 Color
Down Imaging
800kHz/55 degrees @ -10db
Depth: 250ft (DI) / 1000 ft
4000 W (PTP), 500 W (RMS)
50 Channel GPS
Humminbird ContourXD
Dual SD Card Slots /Upgradeable Software

MRP Prices are as follows:

Humminbird 570 DI -$299.99
Humminbird 596 HD DI -$549.99
Himminbird 597ci HD DI Combo -$649.99
Humminbird 788ci HD Di Combo -$799.99

FuzzyGrub:
I saw this but missed that the transducer were down firing only.  I saw the 455/86 degrees and my brain saw 2X like the SI. 

raricker:
Hi guys,
Did you also note that the 2D is only 20 Degrees. My guess is that were getting a new transducer (to support a lower pricepoint) for these new for 2011 units. Its just my guess based on the specs.

Take care,
Roger

stuklose:
I ordered a 798c Si on Monday and i received an email saying it is discontinued and that there is a HD version coming. After a bit of looking i found the HD version and its product number but i couldn't find if stores have stock yet.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Stu Klose

Humminbird_Greg:
Stu,
I don’t think that any of the stores have the “HD” version 798 units yet.  There should still be some of the older non-HD version 798 units in stores though.

Roger,
While there may or may not be a new transducer (I cannot get confirmation one way or the other yet), the 20 degree 2D sonar specification for a 500 series unit is normal and what we have been using for years.  Typically a 500 series unit is one of two varieties.  Either it is a true single 200kHz sonar only or it will have the 2D 200kHz sonar along with Fish ID Symbol data from the wider 83kHz sonar (and yet still be listed as a single 200kHz sonar unit).  I think though that the 788ci HD unit will have 200/83kHz DualBeam Plus sonar as the current 788ci does; so I think that is a typo on someone’s part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version