Other Interest > DIY - Side Scan Sonar and towfish

Navigation/tracking software

(1/1)

DiveExplorer:
Hi all..
What software are you using when you are scanning/running lines?

I have tried to use another gps plotter to see my course, but I find it often difficult too manage. Also you cannot see very well if you have run the lines / get the right side scan withd. If you are running the lines to close or to far a way so you can easily miss something. And it is not very beneficial if you are running them too close.

I use HB 997c, maybe I need to upgrade it. If newer models can be used to track the lines/side scan in real-time?

rnvinc:
Can you explain a little more about what “running lines” means  ... ??

I’m not familiar with this term  ...

Rickie

Rüdiger:
Hi DiveExplorer

Try it once with openCPN because there is a SAR module with which you can create different search grids.
https://www.openseamap.org/index.php?id=navigationsprogramm
The best thing for a seamless search is a live sidescan mosaic software, until a few years ago there was DrDepth. However, this software was sold and is now part of Humminbird AutoCardPro, but I don't know whether the live mosaic function was retained.

mvh
Rudiger

DiveExplorer:

--- Quote from: rnvinc on June 16, 2021, 10:44:18 PM ---Can you explain a little more about what “running lines” means  ... ??

I’m not familiar with this term  ...

Hi yes sorry.... I call it running lines when you have put up your search grid/box. You then are sailing in straight lines in like search pattern "moving the Lawn".. = running the lines.
Rickie

--- End quote ---

DiveExplorer:

--- Quote from: Rüdiger on June 18, 2021, 02:41:32 AM ---Hi DiveExplorer

Try it once with openCPN because there is a SAR module with which you can create different search grids.
https://www.openseamap.org/index.php?id=navigationsprogramm

Yes I owned Dr.Depth in the past also... I was wondering if Reefmaster software could show it live... I have not tried it yet.. 
The best thing for a seamless search is a live sidescan mosaic software, until a few years ago there was DrDepth. However, this software was sold and is now part of Humminbird AutoCardPro, but I don't know whether the live mosaic function was retained.

mvh
Rudiger

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version