(1/6) > >>

geemul:

As per the topic, can this be done?

If so, how?

Thanks,
Geoff

Humminbird_Greg:
Try this:
- Save your waypoints on Google Earth as a *.kml file.
- Using GPS Babel (free program), set the Input to the “Google Earth (keyhole) Markup Language” file type [this is the *.kml file format] and the Output to the “GPX XML” file format and type in a name for the new file.

Hopefully HumminbirdPC will recognize the new *.gpx file and show all your waypoints.

Please let us all know if this still works or not and what versions of the above programs you used.  Last time I tried this Google Earth was version 6.0.3.2197,  GPS Babel was version 1.4.2 and HumminbirdPC was 3.2.2

LittleGazoo:
Easy way:
Create a GE folder under My Places -
  Right-click My Places, select Add-->Folder, then create the folder and name it.

Create all your WPs in this NewFolder -
  Right-click NewFolder, select Add-->Placemark and the dialog box will open to create waypoint.
  Name WP and move cursor to Lat/Lon position, click OK when done to create WP.
  REPEAT . . .  to create all waypoints.

Save waypoints to .KML file -
Right-click NewFolder, select Save Place As..., then save as a KML(not a KMZ) and save it.

Now use Gpsbabel or GpsVisualizer to convert this file to Humminbird .GPX or .HWR file.
Use HumminbirdPC to create the final MATRIX folder on a SD-card to import onto your HB unit.

Let me know if you need GpsBabel or GpsVisualizer help.

WARNING: If the GE created waypoint has no value in the HBPC Date-field, it will lead to a CORRUPTED .GPX file.
Solution: Upload the .GPX file to the SD-card, then download it immediately back into HBPC to create a new identical non-corrupt .GPX.
               Then delete the old after verify data.

LittleGazoo:
And you can do the same scenario to create GoogleEarth Paths and transfer to HB Tracks.
And do both concurrently.

geemul:
Thank you Gents, that worked a treat! ;)

Greg, I used the following versions.
GPSBabel: 1.4.4
Google Earth: 7.1.1.1888
Humminbird PC: Build 3.0.26 2008-12-12 13:47

Hope that helps,
Geoff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version