General > Articles and Tutorials

GPS Reciever Comparison Chart

<< < (2/4) > >>

mrj9600:
Hi
Does anyone know how the accuracy changes over time. I mean, if the charts are showing the drift over e.g. a week, it is not a big deal (for me at least). But if it is drifting like that within an hour or less, then it is definitely something to take into consideration.

/Martin

RGecy:
I think this was a comparison over 24 hours!

George:
I do not think you can predict the time or frequency when the GPS signal takes a hike to some other place.  I have observed a radical change within a few hours of turning the unit on.  Saying this I am not concerned because I believe it corrects itself in minutes, we just need to be aware that the GPS can give a bad signal and not react too fast.

George

pebe:
Hello,
in the Past (2D and GPS Echo) i didnt recognize better to say i didnt realize the poor accuracy. :'(
But since i am using Sideband with GPS combined i think i will appreciate every little more accuracy i can get. ;D

So, Question to all GR-HA Users:

Do you get more/new Informations about using the GR-HA instead of the GR50 in practice on the Water ?
Is it possible to get (perhaps, most of time ?) the promised accuracy of less than one meter ?

The Mounting Shaft,
was it metrical-iso so it was possible to use German Shaft/Pipes to mount on ?

Thanks.

Peter

RGecy:
I have noticed a tremendous decrease in the amount of variations in position.  IE, the position doesn't jump around as much and the aquisition time is much faster.  I cannot attest to the GR-50, but the GR-HA has been excellent.

Robert

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version