Author Topic: Sonar Snapshot & Recording File Dates  (Read 4647 times)

Offline Deltaden

Sonar Snapshot & Recording File Dates
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:36:29 AM »
Upon transfer  of all of the recordings and snapshots I have taken recently, from the SD Card to my PC, I notice the date of the files are in January 2010.  I must have some settings wrong on my 898c.  Does not the unit date each file as of the time and date the recordings were made?  BTW, the settings on the unit are all set to Central Daylight.  Thanks anyone. 

Offline Bert

• Unit(s): 898c SI Combo
Re: Sonar Snapshot & Recording File Dates
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 07:49:39 PM »
I am sitting here at the computer, and just noticed mine does the same thing. On snapshots from HumViewer the date given is 1/6/2010. On reviewing the owner's manual I may have picked up a hint on what to do to correct this. Will try in the morning. In the meantime maybe someone that knows how to correct this will post the procedure.

Bert

Offline Bert

• Unit(s): 898c SI Combo
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 01:03:55 PM »
I've only had my unit about a week and have yet tons of info to learn about it, but here is what I came up with to get the correct date:

Double click on menu
Scroll across the little tabs at the top with right arrow until you highligh setup
Scroll down with bottom arrow until you highlight readouts
Press right arrow and then scroll down to position you want infor on screen
Press right arrow to what is desired. In this case time and date
Press exit three times and you are out of menus.

I forgot to take notes (I was out in my boat which is in the water), but if I recall correctly there is a choice on the setup tab to select the time zone and a place for daylight savings.

This worked for me. My screen now shows correct time and date, and I tested HumViewer which also showed correct time and date.

Note there is a place on the screen for only 5 readouts and under the choices on the menu you have I believe 6 choices. This, of course, means you have to make a choice of what you want displayed on the screen. Also, note that you can place any of these readouts any place in the 5 readout spots on the screen.

I hope my instructions are clear, and that I have not made a mistake in taking my notes out there and typing them here. I also hope this helps you all.

Bert

Offline Deltaden

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 03:59:25 PM »
Thanks Bert, but I think we are talking two different things.  I want the unit to "time-stamp" the snapshot or SI recording file with the date the image was made.  When I transfer my new images for the day to my PC, I want to know which days files they are.  Thanks

Offline LLCC

• Unit(s): 798CI HD Si, 3D Wide Vista
  • Software: v6.250
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 11:30:17 PM »
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I've not found any other newer topics similar to this, and I don't see Deltaden get an answer to his query so I'm posing my question here.

I've just started recording on the 798ci HD si. When I view the contents of the SD card on a Mac, the contents of the Record folder does not have any timestamp. By that I mean there's a folder named R0001 and a corresponding R0001.DAT file, but no time or date is recorded to it. Is there a way to timestamp the recordings?

When viewed on Humviewer, the date recorded is displayed correct.

Thanks for your replies. This Forum is awesome and there's so much that I'm learning here every day!

Lawrence Lee
Lawrence Lee

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo