Author Topic: 1199 reboots when trying to access 360 imaging view shortly after turning on  (Read 13860 times)

Offline arny213

• Unit(s): 898c Si 1199 HD Si
  • Accessories: 360 bow mounted custom bracket for terr
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum but have been with hummingbird for quite some time, I have a unusual setup to say the least.  I have a new lund 1875 crossover with my older 898 c si at the helm running the original 898 si transducer ethernetted together with the 5 port switch (older style?) to a new 1199hd si and I-link terrova, custom bow mounted 360 imaging unit, with its own battery switch.  The 1199 and the 360 use the same bow power circuit 14 gauge multistranded wire with a 5 amp fuse at the fuse box.

the problem I am having is that when I turn on the 1199 first thing in the am and wait for it to recognize the other units ie 360,ilink, if I try to scroll through the views, it reboots every time I get to the 360 view. during the day It usually will bring up the blank screen and ask for the 360 image ping prompt, but when it is started up  in the am, it will continue to reboot itself every time i try to get the 360 view up.   I usually have to wait awhile and then access the ping start from the power switch, it can take upwards of 20 minutes to complete the process a real pita . all 4 units(898,1199,360,ilink) have the latest software according to the humming bird tech support website.  I also have the 2014 lakemaster chip and use the directional heading puck that came with the 360.  Any insight to the reboot problem would be great. I may be not starting up the network correctly?? First the 1199, then the 360 battery switch, then the 898 then I deploy the terrova in the water, wait to recognize the link, then swing the 360 in place.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:22:12 AM by arny213 »

Offline arny213

And if you are thinking WTF a 360 BM on a Terrova? ;) yes.... it works fine, and if your intersted ill make you one too.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:08:44 AM by arny213 »

Offline arny213

it seems the 898c si is also having the same reboot issue each time the 360 view is attempted with the view button. I wonder if it is the i-link software or remote software that is the incorrect version, one previous person has similar issues of rebooting trying to access the map view. I guess I need to contact customer service to get some help.

Offline bobcoy

• Unit(s): 1197 & 1198
  • Software: 6.640 & 7.670
  • Accessories: iPilot-Link,GRHA GPS-HS,ETH 5PS
Arny, you have a unique setup for sure. There have been some recent updates concerning "Link" and newer unit software. Also there is a possibility the older switch is a problem.(although what I have read sounds like only the Onix and Ion need the new one. HB CS is where you should go to figure it out. Bob

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
we have issues with our 1198 powering off when we hook up the 360. Works fine when not hooked up.  chuck

Offline ITGEEK

• Unit(s): 1198c -Team Watters SS - Lexerd SP
  • Software: 7.670
  • Accessories: XM Weather - Weathersense
Hey Chuck,
Is the software up to date on your 1198 and 360?

I just updated my 1198 with v6.740.
I haven't had it on the water yet, and I don't have a 360 yet,
but it seems to work fine in the garage.

Offline bobcoy

• Unit(s): 1197 & 1198
  • Software: 6.640 & 7.670
  • Accessories: iPilot-Link,GRHA GPS-HS,ETH 5PS
arny, there is a thread currently on the forum that has answers. "1199 shuts down. check it out

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
arny,
Check what software version you have on both units and the 360 Imaging accesspry and you may as well check the i-Pilot Link Controller and Link while you are at it.  The Humminbird Customer Resource folks are going to want to know these when you call them.  There have been some software changes that are a bit confusing lately but I don’t think these apply to the 360 Imaging… best to check anyways.

I would like to see better pictures of the 360 TM on the Terrova as there have been several fishermen wanting to do this.
BTW: looking at the picture you posted: how did you get that car on your boat? LOL!
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
ITGeek,yes the software is up to date. It did not do this when we got it.  Only since the update. Am a bit reluctant to go back. HB needs to get a better handle on code..
Chuck

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Chuck,
You are having problems with this same 1198 unit with both the 360 and the GPS Receiver?  Normally I would say to check the electrical connections and battery but I bet you have already done so.  Can you try another unit and see if it shuts down when the 360 is connected?

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
Not having the same problem on the same unit. the 360 issues is with the 1198. The gps issues are with a different 1197 and 3 different 1198. None in the same department. Since the gps issues are common to the 1198 we did not swap anything as it seems to be code. When it works it is fine.  When it doesn't then we don't have locations to return to on a target... Not an everytime issue but it does happen. chuck

Offline arny213

arny,
Check what software version you have on both units and the 360 Imaging accesspry and you may as well check the i-Pilot Link Controller and Link while you are at it.  The Humminbird Customer Resource folks are going to want to know these when you call them.  There have been some software changes that are a bit confusing lately but I don’t think these apply to the 360 Imaging… best to check anyways.

I would like to see better pictures of the 360 TM on the Terrova as there have been several fishermen wanting to do this.
BTW: looking at the picture you posted: how did you get that car on your boat? LOL!
Thanks greg for the advise Ill make sure I have all the software versions when I call customer service.  the car in the picture is on my lift and only appears that it is the boat because of the angle of the picture lol... I'll post more pictures of my BM 360 on my terrova.  I've had it out on the water about 5 times now and ill have it out agoain today, but the more I get the hang of interpreting the image the more useful it is.  It really is awesome to have the 360 image up front, I just worry that it is interferring with my side imaginge transducer in the rear

Offline Skymaster

• Unit(s): 1199ci
  • Software: 6.9
  • Accessories: 360 Bow Mount
I picked up a bow mounted 360 in May to use with two 1199s I installed in April.  Coming over from Lowrance gear the learning curve has been a bit steep, but units operated well using Lakemaster chips.  Your "auto shutdown" problem was an early problem/challenge for me and I ended up calling HB for guidance.  I posted a long narrative about the problem and HB's workaround.  Basically it involved removing power from the network, shutting down the two units, then reversing the process.  Waiting for the units to 'connect' with the 360 before attempting to change the view also 'seemed' to help.  That was the ONLY way I could get the 360 view on BOTH units (one on console and the other up front on bow).  Until I did it exactly like that only one unit would get the 360 view while the other unit would 'auto shutdown' (AND restart!) on its own!!  Strange.  ONLY USING ONE 1199 (EITHER ONE) ALONE WORKED THE 360 FINE.  TRYING TO USE THE 360 ON BOTH UNITS WOULDN'T WORK.  THE SECOND UNIT I TRIED TO USE WOULD AUTO SHUTDOWN.

Later use of boat or powering up the units (on the trailer) would again lead to the 'auto shutdown' UNLESS the 'workaround' procedure was used!  A pain, especially on the water!  In any event, I've been unable to get back on the water until a few days ago, and failed to get both units to give a "360" view without one doing the 'auto-shutdown/restart'.  I again contacted HB and they worked quite a while attempting to duplicate the problem with THEIR units.  Evidently more folks are running into this and they (HB) think it might be in the latest software (7 020), maybe involving the "AutoMap" thing, which I don't have. The 7 020 update made some changes in the AutoMap and is 'suspect' in causing the problem we are having.  They want me to 'go back' to the previous software (which they sent me) and see if the auto shutdown problem is still there, and then to let them know what I find.  I'm hoping to get that done this weekend (July 12-13) and hopefully something good will come of it.  I'll try to post results of my efforts. 

Stay tuned!
Skymaster
Skymaster

Offline Skymaster

Since I made the previous post I received and installed the 'older' software update for the 1199.  The 'latest' version (which I was using when experiencing the 'auto-shutdown/restart' problems) was version 7.020.  The version HB sent me to try is version 6.9 (for the 1199 of course), and after I installed it I no longer have the shutdown problem!  I have sent this information to HB, but my observations conclude that 'something' in the latest update (7.020) is the gremlin.  As I understand it, the 7.020 version was not needed for the 1199 unless you are also using AutoChart.  There may be other minor fixes, but none that were needed for just plain old 1199s and the 360.  The version 6.9 "seems" to make the units faster, too.  Views now change quicker and the map updating seems faster (using latest Lakemaster chip for SE States). I can now use one or both units to display the 360 views whereas before only the first unit connected to the 360 would operate normally while the other unit was stuck on one view.  Attempts to change that view caused the 'auto shutdown/restart'.  The unit was basically useless while 360 was in use on other unit.  I don't what models other than the 1199, or a mix of two different models, are experiencing when the 360 is added to their network.  But if there are problems I would suspect the software.  HB has cautioned against installing 'previous' updates (causing a unit to "brick", whatever that is!), but assured me that returning to version 6.9 from 7.020 would not be a problem for the 1199.  So far it's been no problem, and I'm excited about finally using these HBs without constantly trying to fix the 'shutdown' problem!
Skymaster
Skymaster

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
I would still not downgrade the software in your unit unless the Humminbird CRC folks state to do so.

Offline Skymaster

Thanks for the warning, Greg.  I had my fears, too, as I had read the HB warnings.  But I DID bet the go-ahead from HB, they sent me the older 'up date', and I even asked about the 'bricking' issue.  I won't go into the progress to date.  It's rather involved, and I have posted it on another 'forum' ]http://bb.sideimageforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4335 that I try to follow.  I think I have been reading your name on a lot of 'posts', I think on both forums. If you want to see the 'solution' I ended up with, check that site under the 360 info, posted as "Skymaster" there also. 

FYI the dropping back to version 6.9 from 7.020 (for the 1199s) is working great! 

Regards,
Skymaster
Skymaster

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
I saw your post there as well Skymaster.  Just wanted to put that out there so everyone with a 360 problem would not think that dropping back a software version or three was the solution for their problem as well.

Offline stewartgl

• Unit(s): 898C , 998C, 798cisi , Ipilot link, 360
  • Software: 7.09 on the 898,998
  • Accessories: 360, IpilotLink Inerlink
I am having the same exact issue, only I have an 898, 998 and the 360 (transom). I just got off the phone with HB tech and they told me that the 5 port interlink needs to be wired directly to the battery. They claim that should clear up the problem. Anybody have any input on this? I asked HB if they can please email me 6.9 firmware and they insisted that it would not fix my issue.
I also have Ipilot link on a Terrova and love this whole setup, but would love it a lot more if everything worked as it should.

Stewart

Offline LocDown

• Fishing Videos
  • Unit(s): 1199 H12G2N-HW-MSI
On my 360 transom unit, I would answer no when it asked to deploy the 360. I would scrolling to one of the 360 screens and deploy from there. I'm on 7.020. I think I had that problem with 6.x on my 998 HD.

Offline MGEOD

• Unit(s): None yet
Having same with 1199360

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo