Author Topic: SonarTRX questions  (Read 10885 times)

Offline SonarTRX

• SonarTRX
  • Unit(s): 998c-SI
  • Software: SonarTRX
SonarTRX questions
« on: May 02, 2011, 05:55:34 PM »
This is in response to Pebe's questions about SonarTRX posted on the Humviewer sub-forum.

(To moderators: I moved this response here, since there is no sub-forum for SonarTRX under the "Other 3'rd party software" forum.)

Pebe said:
Hello,

thx for the Answers.

That means if i want to get Updates after that period of one Year,
i have to buy the Software again ?

Another Questions was:
How does the Software handles the following:
If the HB Unit records SI for example, 30 Meters Width an driving the same Location more than once,
also overlapping the Aerea an the shore was nearer than the Scan width.
So for example we have the shore in 10 Meters and the rest of 20 Meters was black.
Does your Software eliminates the 20Meters Black, to prevent from overwriting already drawn Data ?

Hmmmm Maybe a demo Version was helpful to find out the Answers also for al of my Other Questions :-)

Hi Pebe,

Regarding your question about overlapping areas:
Yes, you can choose to generate image-tiles within a certain sonar range. This gives you the option to avoid overlapping adjacent sonar recordings or background imagery. In your example where the shoreline is at 10m range, and the sonar range is set to 30m, you can set the maximum SonarTRX range to 10 meters. This will clip the images at 10m, and the remaining 20 meters (,that overlaps the shoreline, or other sonar recordings,) will be fully transparent.

You can check the updated SonarTRX website ( http://www.sonartrx.com ) for information about this feature and other improvements, but here is the illustration:

Regarding SonarTRX support and upgrades after the first year:
I have also updated the SonarTRX website with information about cost of maintenance and support after the first year. Please see the bottom of the online store page:

http://www.sonartrx.com/blog/page/SonarTRX-Online-Store.aspx

Feel free to contact me by regular email (tore@sonartrx.com) if you would like a trial license.

Tore

tore@sonartrx.com
http://www.sonartrx.com
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:19:06 PM by SonarTRX »

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
Re: SonarTRX questions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:06:53 PM »
TRX, thanks for making a new thread for the subject.  With over 3500 users now it is getting harder for the moderators to keep up with the threads.  I guess we will have to start spending more time here.   ;D..... ::)....... :P.......
It is guys like you who help make this forum successful.....
Chuck

Offline Daniele_Mari

• Italy B.A.S.S. Federation Nation
  • Unit(s): 798ci SI Combo
  • Software: 4.960
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:46:35 AM »
Tore is great !!!!!!!!
Daniele from Italy

www.italybass.com

Offline calordo

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 02:10:46 PM »
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:30:05 PM by chenook »

Offline SonarTRX

• SonarTRX
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »
Hi Chenook,

I have sent you a download link by email.

Trial versions of SonarTRX can be obtained by sending an email request to sales@SonarTRX.com. In the email, please include your contact information (name & address etc.), information about what type of sonar you have, and what you typically use it for, so I can return a download link for the most appropriate version.

Tore
tore@SonarTRX.com
http://www.SonarTRX.com

Offline SonarTRX

• SonarTRX
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 02:38:40 PM »
Hi Chenook,

SonarTRX-SI can import files from Humminbird recordings (i.e. *.dat files containing both SI or DI data). This version of SonarTRX supports no other sonar manufacturers files. The naming of this product was simply done to indicate that it is for use with the Humminbird SI line of products(, but it can also visualize & process DI data)

SonarTRX (The full version) supports both Humminbird recordings, XTF files from Lowrance, Starfish & others, and two of the Imagenex sidescan towfish file formats.

Both versions of SonarTRX are able to import Humminbird Side Imaging and Down imaging channels (SI & DI). If your own a sonar that only has DI, you can use the built in SonarTRX viewer to view the data and generate track-lines with depth values from select portions of your recordings. SonarTRX will also generate Google Earth images from DI channels, but they are projected on to the horizontal plane by rotating them about the surface track(, up to the surface on the starboard side). It is then quite easy to explore the recored DI data in Google Earth (However, you need to keep in mind that only the left edge of the image is positioned along the track. (i.e. DI depth is plotted perpendicular to the track, to the right).

Tore

Tore@SonarTRX.com

http://www.SonarTRX.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo