Author Topic: error on the last step  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Miraricardo

• Unit(s): 798CXI and 899CXI HD SI
  • Software: 7.460
error on the last step
« on: January 21, 2015, 08:07:52 PM »
hi.
I am a error on the last step....
When i click creat map is corret, after to lake master update this buton this not work... why?

Excuse my english, but help me please.

Offline gimez

• Unit(s): matrix97 797
Re: error on the last step
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:34:16 PM »
hello, i cant help with a solution, but i will try to explain the problem in a better way ...
The problem is when he try to update the map from the PC to the sd card, he have the update button frozen and cant do the autochart card update.
What is doing wrong? he says everything works fine till that final step...
Some help to portugal please...
thanks

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:36:55 PM »
Gimez.... I cant help with the problem but thank you for helping with the English part.   Chuck

Offline gimez

• Unit(s): matrix97 797
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »
Hello there! my friend still having problems with autochart! We think the problem is the sd card and he buy another one from our portuguese dealer, but the upload button still frozen! i ask him to check the SD card root for the contents and he only find this files /folders:

RECORD (folder)
meulago.aci
min.ht
min.hwr
PROFILE (I supose its a folder to)

Question: this is the usual content of a sd autochart card? was not supposed to exist a folder named LkMaster on the root of the sd card?
Some helpe here please...

thanks

Offline N9Phil

• Unit(s): Solix 15 SI - Onix10 CI SI - 1198 CSI
  • Accessories: 80Terova W/ i-Link -- 360
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 05:59:19 PM »
I am not sure but maybe this might help with your problem and explain what files need to be where.  You might also do a search on this site for Autochart and see if on one of the posts you will find the info that will help with your situation.

Phil

Copyright © 2013-2014 Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics, Inc.
USING AUTOCHART MAPS ON HUMMINBIRD UNITS NOT YET HAVING
SUPPORT FOR AUTOCHART
Background
On a standard LakeMaster SD card, all map data is contained in a folder named LkMaster that is placed directly in
the root of the SD card. When the SD card is used on a Humminbird unit, all map data is read from this folder
location.
On an AutoChart SD card, the LkMaster folder at the root of the card contains the zero line base map. When you
create a new custom map, new map folders will be created. For example, if you create a depth map, your map will
be located in \AC\LkMaster. When using the AutoChart SD card on a unit with AutoChart support, you will be able to
select which map folder to use/display. However, on units not having dedicated AutoChart support, the unit will only
display the LkMaster map folder at the root of the card, i.e., the zero line base map.
This guide will show you how to display your own custom map on units without AutoChart support.
Step 1: Setup AutoChart PC to use a local copy of the Zero Lines SD card
Copy the LkMaster folder with all its contents from your AutoChart SD card to a local folder on your hard drive. For
example, if you create a folder named AutoChart on your C-drive, you will place all map data in:
C:/AutoChart/LkMaster
In the AutoChart PC application, go to Tools/Settings/LakeMaster. Under AutoChart (regional) map, tick Use
Local copy. Use the Browse button to select the LkMaster folder you copied to your hard drive:
Step 2: Rename the LkMaster folder on the card
In the Windows File Explorer, go to the LkMaster folder that is on your AutoChart SD card. Rename this folder to
something else, for example 0LkMaster. This operation will hide the zero line base map from the unit.
Important: Never modify the files in the zero line base map folder. This will make your card useless.
Step 3: Create your map
Now create you custom maps using AutoChart PC. Custom map data will go to your locally stored map data folder.
If you created a depth map, your new map will be created in (if the folder was created as shown above)
C:\AutoChart\AC\LkMaster
If you create a Side Imaging mosaic, your map data will go into
C:\AutoChart\SI\LkMaster
Important: When you create a depth map for a Humminbird unit not having AutoChart support you must use
imperial units (feet) for you map.
Step 4: Copy your custom map data to your SD card
To use your custom depth map on your Humminbird unit, simply copy the LkMaster folder from
C:\AutoChart\AC\LkMaster
to the root of your AutoChart SD card.
If you instead want to display your mosaic map, copy the LkMaster folder from
C:\AutoChart\SI\LkMaster
Your Humminbird unit will now use that map in the LkMaster folder.
How to revert to default use of the AutoChart SD card
When your Humminbird unit has received the AutoChart support upgrade, it is easy to revert:
1. Delete the LkMaster folders on the root of your SD card that you had manually placed there.
2. Rename the zero line base map folder from 0LkMaster to LkMaster.
3. If you have created custom maps, copy these to the SD card. For example, if you have a custom depth map
in C:\AutoChart\AC\LkMaster, copy the AC folder with its content to the root of the SD card.
4. In the AutoChart PC application, go to Tools/Settings/LakeMaster and tick Require AutoChart SD card being
present. You maps will now be updated directly to the SD card and ready for use without any further manual
steps.
Solix 15 SI  Onix10 CI SI - 1198 CSIAccessories:80Terova W/ i-Link -- Transom 360

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo