Author Topic: AutoChart Pro and Lakemaster Great Lakes Map Card  (Read 4460 times)

Offline Moose1am

• Unit(s): 898c si
  • Software: 6.610
  • Accessories: SDHC 8 GB SanDisk Extreme III
AutoChart Pro and Lakemaster Great Lakes Map Card
« on: July 06, 2014, 06:20:52 PM »
OK I'm trying to figure out how to improve the map that I have for the lake I fish.  I have the newest Lakemaster Great Lakes Chip or card for my Humminbird 898C SI unit which is about a 2010 vintange unit.  I'll have the 898 updated with the newest and latest Firmware software too so that it should work with AutoChart Pro Software.

I understand that the AutoChart Pro comes with a CD and a SDHC chip for all the lakes outlines. 

But I'm curious if the AutoChart Pro Software writes new information onto the LakeMaster Great Lakes Chip (SDHC card).  What is it messes up the Great Lakes Chip?

Or does the Autochart Pro Software take the data from the Great Lakes Chip and put it onto a new Blank SDHC card that I buy and add it to the data I collect on my lake? 

I understand that I have to collect the new data points by going out on the lake and collection Son data or tracks onto a Black SDHC card that I have to buy and put into my 898 C SI. 

I understand that the AutoChart Pro will use a computer to make the new maps from the data I collect.   But do I have to remap my entire lake to get a better map of my lake that what I got on the Great Lakes Chip or map card? 

I know that some of my fishing spots on my lake are not accurate due to the fact that the Woman who collected the data for IDNR (IDNR sold the data to Lakemaster for my lake) and she missed a lot of spots on the lake.  So I want to maps these spots better and add that new data to my Lake Master Great Lakes Map Card.  Is that possible to do without damaging the Great Lakes Map card?

I found the manual for the AutoChart Pro Program and read most of it. I hear that it comes with the AutoChart Pro CD and it's also online at Humminbird. I went online and read it for myself.  I still have a few questions that I'm not sure about.  Which I just described above.

Remember that the 898 C SI unit only has two card slots to use.  One I used for saving way points to my own SDHC card and the other slot I use to install the Lake Master Great Lakes SDHC card. 

So what do I do with the Great Lakes SDHC card if I can't add the new data to it's data?  Will I have to remap the entire lake to get the better lake bottom contour accuracy for my lake?

BTW I'm fishing the Blue Grass Pit lake in Warrick County , IN.  Also I fish Otter Pit in Warrick County IN. Both of these lakes are on the Great Lakes Map Card by Lakemaster which has data for lakes in IN and some other states.  This is the second version of this map that I've bought. I bought the Great Lakes Map hoping that the data would be better and more accurate than the first Original OH/IN Lake Master map or SDHC card.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:24:45 PM by Moose1am »
Regards,

Moose1am

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: AutoChart Pro and Lakemaster Great Lakes Map Card
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 01:17:43 PM »
Moose1am,
No, the AutoChart and AutoChart Pro software write the map data to the ZeroLine SDHC card, not to the LakeMaster Great Lakes mapping card.

No data is taken from the Great Lakes chip.  All of the data for the AutoChart maps comes from either Sonar Recordings or Tracks that you record or save to a blank memory card in your unit.

You would have to remap the whole lake if you want a whole lakes worth of more accurate data.  Otherwise you can map only part of the lake and rely on the Great lakes map card for the non-mapped parts of the lake.

You can use the ZeroLine SDHC card to save waypoints and tracks or even make Sonar Recordings but that will take up space on the memory card if you do so.  At some point you would fill the ZeroLine SDHC card up.  I don’t know how much it would take to do this though as they are pretty big (32GB).
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo