Side Imaging Forums > 598c SI HD

598ciHDsi Contour Lines Tab

(1/3) > >>

Swann:
1 more question (I hope-LoL) & the rest must either be solved from observations on the water or by way of a Service Technician (& I really don't want 2do that on a unit built in Oct. 2012). When I go2 the H_B website 2look 4clues re: Why my unit will give me good info about Marinas, Tidal Information & even Charts/Graphs 4 Hi/Low Tide plotted against Hourly Fluctuation(s) in some cases & Yet NO Depth Profile/Contours - I can't help but wonder if this is another 1 of those X-Press Menu items or perhaps if I might need 2B physically present on that Lake or Body of water as pre-selected from the Chartplotter App 4the Navionics+ SD Card & after attempting to correlate some of that information from H_B.com it dawned on me that I don't have a "Contour Lines Tab" under the Chart Menu as per the following link:

https://www.humminbird.com/support/faqs/depthcontournavionics

Is this another 1 of those things that shows up in an Express Menu OR is it just that the 598ciDHsi simply does Not have 1 as per methods of "cost reduction" from the 798ciHDsi design in order 2make things more affordable 4the Laymen back in 2012? Thus far I've noticed far more than just a few Pre-Set Buttons, Ethernet Connection & 2Card Slots vs 1? Ok there's AS360SSI compatibility But if one is going 2spend $2k on 360deg Imaging alone, that person should've been considering an 899ciHDsi at the very least.
As per my past reading, there are many that used 2group this comparison as just "3 small differences" back in the day in order 2try 2justify Cost Savings But let it be known that there's quite a bit more than that.
Regardless, this "Contour Lines Tab" is Not readily visible under the Chart Menu Directory on a 598ciHDsi as it would be 4a 700 Series (which I think is the example H_B.com is using in the link above) & would this be another 1 of those options that only appears when the Transducer is Connected or something 2that effect?
Thanks, Sandro

rnvinc:
Some Chart tab Menu options only show in the Menu if that specific map card offers that data  ...

I would guess your map card does not offer that data  ...

You might contact Navionics with this question  ...
https://www.navionics.com/usa/support/contact-us

Rickie

Swann:
Garmin/Navionics is willing to do a Team Viewer Meeting for my prior query - quite impressive as far as I'm concerned.
Unfortunately I work Dayshift in a Stamping Plant so it's hard 2find the time, not 2mention the fact that I don't quite understand how this question is directly related 2the Navionics+ SD Card?
Would this also imply that if I tried 2 "plug-in" a Humminbird LakeMaster Card that the Menu Options would change that drastically & that my Menu Options would then look like that of the Humminbird Link Posted Previously?
I will attempt 2attach some pics of what the Chart List looks like on my 598 in comparison to the H_B link just 2B clear. I know exactly how 2do this on my 598 But Not how 2attach 2this Forum-Reply unfortunately so some Trial & Error might be warranted here? My apologies in advance. Sandro.

rnvinc:
Chart Level Detail is a Navionics card feature not a LakeMaster card feature ...

Rickie

Swann:
So are you saying that the Tab Options under the Chart Menu List will change based on the type of SD Card and hence why there is NO "Contour Lines" option showing up on my 598 and yet clearly shown on the H_B site example?
Not to mention that there are a few other Tab Options after "Offset Speed" that are Not shown on my 598 as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version