Side Imaging Forums > 598c SI HD

Navionics+ Card Settings?

(1/2) > >>

Swann:
So now, after reading the direction(s) of Mr.Rnvinc (& giving up on that whole ci -> cXi thing I might add), it was not just Waypoint Cross-Referencing that I was hoping 2achieve But at least some Depth Profile Contours in as near a manner as 1 might see on P.151 of the 500 Series manual & yet all the while keeping in mind that this unit was built 10+yrs ago so I can understand that the visible profiles won't look as smooth as they would on the present day Navionics Chart Viewer App.
Now what I did do in an attempt 2keep things simple was 2set the Chart Selector App 2a perimeter around Lake Simcoe where I initially deleted any of the previous Data & Refreshed/Downloaded New Data 4this new box perimeter.
I powered the unit 2 Normal Mode vs Simulator Mode, turned off applicable options for Sonar & Demonstration on the "Chart View Page?" & ran solely on what the GPS function would yield BUT the only information 2be found were The Marinas of Lake Simcoe... No Buoy Markers & No Depth Profile Contours.
Furthermore, the lower right corner of the GPS Diagnostics View shows the SD Card 2read as "SEONML" & on the the 2nd attempt would read as "SEONMLF" vs any form of "available data" as it would w/a Generic SD Card that would look something like "28.8GB / 32GB".
On my 3rd attempt 2read Lake Contours, I went & downloaded Lake St.Clair - something that borders the US & Canada. This showed up as "EMIML" in the SD Card area of the GPS Diagnostics Chart Page View so at the very least, this leads me 2believe that the Navionics+ SD Card is OK & that these varying areas of interest are showing up as different "Map Names" as per Navionics mapping criteria.
Last But Not Least, when I 1st purchased this unit, it had 496 hours on it & I was ok w/that as I figured it 2be a 1owner unit regardless BUT then, after several attempts w/this Navionics+ card, something inside the 598ci was somehow "reset" 2cause it 2read Zero hours & I chalked this up 2some form of Low Battery problem b/c at the time it was hovering around 9.5V so 2day I recharged her up 2give it another go & my 598ci now reads 12.5-12.6V & a Grand Total of "1 whole Hour" of logged usage time... ok, I know I shouldn't look a Gift-Horse in the mouth re: my "born-again unit" But I would still like 2see some Depth Profile Contours as per p.151 of the manual (mentioned previously).
Now then, with all that being said, does any1 on the Forum have any experience w/this sort of thing w/either a 597 or perhaps even a 587 as these units "should" also be compatible w/the Navionics+ SD Card or perhaps even a HotMaps Card seeing as they were created in roughly the same era? The reason I ask 4the aforementioned example(s) is the hope 2get some direction(s) on at least what I "should be seeing" or perhaps even the Settings I need 2apply 2B able 2get a read on some Depth Profile Contours? Now there was some info I found on BBC Boards that made mention of removing files w/extensions of .ugc, .uk, & .ck But I'm only seeing a single file w/an extension like these (.ck) & have found that it doesn't seem 2make any difference w/respect to Trial & Error.
Thanks, Sandro.
ps - The Front Sticker Face of this particular Navionics card reads as "Navionics+ Canada and Alaska MSD/NA+CA"

rnvinc:
I’m not going to be any help with this one  ...

Here is Navionics contact info  ... they maybe able to help  ...
https://www.navionics.com/usa/support/contact-us

Rickie

Swann:
Ok, so now my unit has "Reset Itself" yet again to Zero Hours upon doing a Restore Defaults in a futile attempt 2get my unit 2read Depth Profile/Contours off my Navionics+ Card. When I 1st got this unit in December, it had 496hrs w/v6.64 Firmware & after uploading v7.300, I didnt see any noticeable issues. Furthermore, even after fartin' around w/that supposed ci --> cXi method (noted previously), I still didnt see any noticeable issues BUT once I tried doing a Format Nav Directories & then a Restore Defaults as the following command thereafter is when I "thought" it reset itself to Zero Hours (from what was roughly 505hrs at the time).
It was Not until doing the Format Nav Directories /Restore Defaults just now did my 598ciHD reset itself 2 Zero Hours yet again 4the 2nd time was i certain of the exact sequence of events.
So herez my question:
... & although I did read our Administrator's (Mr.R.Gecy) Note "in bright yellow" about reverting back 2older Software BUT I'm thinking in this case that it just might be Warranted?...
Sooo, IF U Had 2 Flip a Coin 2 choose HEADS (just continue 2 Sail on as is w/v.7.300) or TAILS (revert back to v6.64 which is 1 Rev Prior) - What would it be?

rnvinc:
I would suggest trying the newest  ... you may be satisfied with it  ...

I’ve backed software dozens of times without an issue  ... but this has been reported occasionally  ...

Rickie

Swann:
Yes Sir, I updated the unit to v7.300 (latest & greatest from 2014-LoL) sometime in Jan2022 after receiving the unit in Dec2021. Upon arrival, it had v6.640 on it & 496hrs. Since then I racked up roughly 10hrs B4 it did that strange "Zero Hours Reset" from doing a Restore Defaults command just a few weeks ago & then again a 2nd time as of yesterday where I racked up another 4-5hrs fiddling around w/a 2nd hand Navionics+ Card as well as attempting that futile ci->cXi thing just prior to that.
The only other thing I can think of is my 12V-7ah Battery that was draining quickly/constantly But did respond well 2some cheap refurbishment by way of topping up the cells w/distilled water about a month ago, although I must admit that I've noticed a bit of a difference there too as of late... meaning, the battery isn't holding a charge as well as it once did.
Now other than the aforementioned, those are all the observations of any real interest that I can think of & hence why I'm thinking of reverting back to v6.64 in order 2see what it would yield?
In doing so, I believe I will have "covered all my bases" so2speak But concerned about the potential repercussions of reverting back to a prior Firmware... even if it is just 1 Revision back But at least it would be the version the unit originally arrived with in Dec2021. Thanks, Sandro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version