Author Topic: Waypoint deletion  (Read 8861 times)

Offline Dam Yankee

• Unit(s): Two 798 CI SI NVB
  • Software: 4.780
  • Accessories: Interlink, Weathersense
Waypoint deletion
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:42:22 PM »
Is it possible to delete waypoints stored on the head unit with humminbird PC? I hope so!

Offline stillbear

• Stillbear
  • Unit(s): 997c SI - 1198 c SI - HDS-10
  • Software: 5.840 5.700- 4.0
  • Accessories: Barometer ,GRHA , 8gb 30 mb/ extreme III
Re: Waypoint deletion
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 10:58:04 AM »
Do you mean deleting waypoints from your sd card with HB PC .  Yes you can.   Gary

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 12:47:20 PM »
I think what he means is, when you delete a waypoint in HB PC does it automatically delete it on the unit when you put the card back in.

If I am not mistaken, the unit only adds waypoints from the SD card. 

I believe the only way to do this is, you export all nav data, and go to HB PC and delete the waypoint(s) you want to remove, then go to the unit and before you insert the sd card, delete all nav data, then insert the SD card and it will import all the waypoints.  Of course the waypoints you deleted are not on the card, so they do not go back on the unit.

Also, do not delete the NAV data on the unit until you have saved the Waypoints from the SD card to your computer! ::)  Just in case you screw something up!

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
  • Unit(s): HELIX 9 G3N, 998Cx SI, 959DI
  • Software: latest (mostly)
  • Accessories: AS GR50, custom towfish and: A boat!!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:41:21 PM »
Maybe Dam Yankee means if one can delete waypoints in the headunit via HBPC while the unit is connected to the PC. I left my PC cable on the boat yesterday, so I cannot check at the moment.

For sure you can delete the waypoints like Robert said.

Regards / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 01:43:45 PM »
I think what he means is, when you delete a waypoint in HB PC does it automatically delete it on the unit when you put the card back in.

If I am not mistaken, the unit only adds waypoints from the SD card. 

I believe the only way to do this is, you export all nav data, and go to HB PC and delete the waypoint(s) you want to remove, then go to the unit and before you insert the sd card, delete all nav data, then insert the SD card and it will import all the waypoints.  Of course the waypoints you deleted are not on the card, so they do not go back on the unit.

Also, do not delete the NAV data on the unit until you have saved the Waypoints from the SD card to your computer! ::)  Just in case you screw something up!

Robert

100% correct Robert – especially that last part!

Now this all changes when you add an InterLink and second unit in the mix.  You would need to also delete the waypoints off of the second unit as well as the InterLink module before you loaded the waypoints back into the first unit (which will automatically update the InterLink and the second unit.

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 02:05:30 PM »
Saw your message after I replied Harry:
Yes you can Harry, but it would all depend on how you answer the question that pops up: “Please choose how to update navigation data on this device.”.
If you select “Add” than you will have two of every waypoint except for those that you just deleted.
If you select “Replace” than yes the unit will replace any Nav data on your unit with the Nav data from HumminbirdPC.  Basically you are doing what Robert stated with the SD cards in that you are deleting all navigational data in the unit and replacing it only with the data from the HumminirdPC program.  Still, I would have a saved copy of the original Nav data stored on my computer some where in case I messed up.

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
  • Unit(s): HELIX 9 G3N, 998Cx SI, 959DI
  • Software: latest (mostly)
  • Accessories: AS GR50, custom towfish and: A boat!!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 02:09:51 PM »
I knew there was something possible to do in that way, but just couldn't remember exactly how  ???
Not that I'm getting older.....  ;D

Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline Dam Yankee

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »
Sorry guys. Been away for a while.

To clarify, I am trying to delete the waypoints off of the head unit with HB PC with no success. The only way I can see to do it is one point at a time on the unit with the unit buttons. I have no idea how to delete all navigational data from the unit if that will do the trick I will do it as I want to start over fresh as I now have 2 of every waypoint on my head units.

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 09:05:48 AM »
To delete all of the navigational data at once:
 - Go to the Nav tab in the main menu system.
 - Scroll down until you see the “Delete All Nav Data” menu and select to use it, than confirm that you want to delete all the waypoints tracks and routes from your unit.
That’s it.

When using the HumminbirdPC program you do not have direct access to the unit’s internal memory where the navigational data is stored.  The HumminbirdPC program requires that you download the Nav Data from your unit to the HumminbirdPC program – same as if you saved the data to a memory card.  The HumminbirdPC program is used to change this Nav Data and than send it back to the unit.  If you selected to add this Nav Data and it contains the same waypoints as were already on your unit, than yes you will have duplicate waypoints on your unit.  Now if you saved the downloaded data while you were using the HumminbirdPC program than all you should have to do is perform the Delete All Nav Data on your unit and than upload the saved file that had the waypoint changes.

Offline Dam Yankee

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 10:35:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply and clarification. However I went to the Navigation tab on the unit and there is not a selection that says, delete all navigational data. Or at least I can't find it. The only tab that even mentions Nav data in that tab on my 798 is a tab that says export nav data.

I must be missing or overlooking something.

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »
this could be an option that requires you to be in advanced mode.  chreck your settings for advance mode on...  chuck

Offline stillbear

• Stillbear
  • Unit(s): 997c SI - 1198 c SI - HDS-10
  • Software: 5.840 5.700- 4.0
  • Accessories: Barometer ,GRHA , 8gb 30 mb/ extreme III
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »
Dam Yankee I believe you are looking at your express menu click twice and you willget the main menu I have a 997 I am  sure they are about the same. But if you look in your owners manual  around page 117 you should see it. Greg Walters has some real good information that he wrote you about this.   Hope this helps.    Gary
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:45:10 PM by stillbear »

Offline Dam Yankee

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 07:28:59 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the help and learning a little more. Sonar 2000 hit the nail on the head. I was not in advanced user mode. I feel a little dumb about that one! Operator headspace and timing.

Thanks again for all the help. I am brand new to this thing and I have no clue as to what I can do with it. I had a 787 before and all I ever used was the map and the sonar. Never recorded anything etc. Please bear with me and if I can contribute and help, I am glad to do so.

Dam Yankee
Tom

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 07:36:16 PM »
Dont feel  bad or put yourself down.  We are all learning here.  And the way we learn is by asking questions.  The folks here on this forum are excellent at sharing information and with out reservations.  Some of the guys are very knowledged with information and operation but we all started by asking and then learninng.  The great part of this forum is that you come up to speed a lot quicker than any other forum I have been on.  And it is a tribute to the folks on this forum that make it happen. I have found that all questions are important and no one gets upset or belittles any one for asking.  It wont be long before you are answering questions for other people.   Chuck

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo