Author Topic: DrDepth mapping software  (Read 79962 times)

Offline MonteSS

DrDepth mapping software
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »
Anybody tried it? I have an 898c.

http://www.drdepth.se/index.php?l=gb

....Bill

Offline xSilmarilSx

• Unit(s): HB 798ci SI HD - HB 778c Quad Beam
  • Software: 6.250 - 5.320
  • Accessories: TG W, NMEA Cable, Ethernet
Re: DrDepth mapping software
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 02:44:44 AM »
Been using it for 2 years now.

Very good software with fast support from the author.

Offline Rüdiger

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:45:09 AM »
Hi Bill

Yes, i use DrDepth BH-SS via ethernet, and it works great.

mvh
Rüdiger

Offline albe

• Unit(s): 998c SI
  • Software: 7.670
  • Accessories: DrDepth BT/SS mapping
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 09:56:40 PM »
A new version of DrDepth has come out that saves your contour maps as .ht files. Here is the word from Per, the software developer.

I have just upload a new version.
The standard version is available through the web page,
BT/SS/BTSS through your links.

New in all versions:

- Generate contours as Humminbird '.ht' file (HB tracks in
binary format). This solves the problem with HB's inability
to display broken track segments - all contours will go into
one track slot. To get the contours to your unit, place the .ht
file in a folder named 'MATRIX' on a SD card, put the card in
the unit and turn it on.
You can get the contours colored by depth (in shades of green)
if you (on the unit) set the track style to 'Color by depth' here:
Menu->Menu>Nav->Saved Tracks->Edit->Style

This is how I made a test map to try on my 998.

I made a new .ht file with information that I had when I made maps for my Lowrance unit. I used the command: Create Iso/contour lines, and then you go to the Save As Type selection arrow, which opens the box, and select: Humminbird HT *.ht . Enter a name you want to save it as and press Enter. The file is then saved as and .ht file.

Put the file on a SD card, put the card in your unit and turn your unit on. Go to the area on your GPS window and zoom in. You will then see the contour lines. I tried this with a Lakemaster chip installed in my 998 and it overlays the new contour lines over the area that is shown from their map. It does not cover up any part of the Lakemaster information shown, just the contour lines over the map.

When you go into Saved Tracks menu, you will see the track with the name you saved it as. Go into the Edit menu and you can change the color and type of line you want shown over your map from your mapping chip.

Now I can remake all of my maps that I have made for my Lowrance unit, that is old enough where I could not just overlay the contour lines, during the winter.

Thank you Per. This is what all of us with Humminbird units and DrDepth have been waiting for. Great job.

Al Bluhm

Offline MonteSS

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 01:05:15 AM »
OK. I live at a 500 acre lake with about 20 miles of shoreline. I have an HB898c.

I would like to make a contour map of the lake. DDepth seems the simplest and economical way to go.

I do not have a laptop, but could probably get one is really needed.

If I dont have one, whay exactly do I do? I have a 4gb SD card in it but could use the 8gb from my camera if needed. How much data can they store? Obviosly I cant do the entire lake in one day, but would like to stay out and record at least a few hours at a time.

Do I need to turn something on in the HB to get the tracks on the card?

Thanks for the help. This sounds like a fun project

....Bill

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 09:16:04 AM »
for quick contouring try 3DFMaps.    This is good contours and very easy to use....
www.3dfmaps.com

Chuck

Offline albe

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 07:53:39 PM »
MonteSS

All you have to do is go to the Recording View; press Menu and press the right > arrow key to start a recording. Recording takes up about 1MB per minute of recording. 4GB will be plenty big for what you want to do. Check to see if your SD card from your camera will work. I use 4GB and 8GB SanDisk Ultra SD HC cards for all of my recording.

I try not to let a recording get longer than 30 minutes. Just turn off recording and then turn it back on again to make more manageable recordings. You can make a database of all of your recordings and add it  to the first recording as the instructions say. Just add your additional recordings to the database as you go along until you finish your project. Smaller recordings are easier to edit if need be.

Depending on the size of your lake and if it has little or allot of structure will dictate how far apart your  passes will need to be to get good results. You do not need a laptop. Your desktop will work just fine. If you have never used DrDepth before, I suggest your start with the demo program to become familiar with how use DrDepth. There also is a tutorial available through this group. Check it out. Here is a link to where you can download the newest version for you to try but you cannot make maps with your recording information unless you buy a license key:   http://drdepth.se/download.php?l=gb
There are three versions of DrDepth so go and check them all out before you buy.

The is a Yahoo Group for DrDepth you can join for more information from other DrDepth users. There is no such thing as a dumb question when requesting information.  DrDepth-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Al Bluhm
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:08:04 PM by albe »

Offline dvanpham

• Unit(s): 798ci SI and 998c SI
  • Software: 6.180
  • Accessories: Interlink, DrDepth
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 12:34:16 PM »
Depending on what type of map you're looking for, you may not have to turn on recording to get the information for DrDepth.  For 2D and 3D maps, the only thing you have to do is save your track to the card.  The track already contains the depth and GPS coordinates needed for DrDepth to create basic contour and 3D maps of your lake.  However, if you plan on doing side imaging overlays as part of your map, then yes, you should be recording.     

Offline dvanpham

• Unit(s): 798ci SI and 998c SI
  • Software: 6.180
  • Accessories: Interlink, DrDepth
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 12:38:36 PM »
By the way... thanks, Albe, for posting the new features of DrDepth!  I didn't realize this could be done now and am anxious to download the latest version to try it.  I had posted about HB's inability to show DrDepth maps a while back but it looks like this has been addressed.    :)

Offline fresque93

• Unit(s): 997SI, 858c
  • Accessories: Interlink
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:26:04 PM »
so if i get drdepth i'll be able to generate a map and transfer it to my HB unit? My lake is not mapped, and theres no HB basemap for canada, so will i be able to actually see contours on my unit now? Right now its just a blank screen...

Offline albe

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 08:48:21 AM »
I put a Navionics chip in my Humminbird and it overlays my DrDepth map over the Navionics map.

I removed all mapping chips from my Humminbird and the DrDepth map is overlayed on the Contour XD mapping that is in the Humminbird also.

So whatever map you make with DrDepth should show up as 1 track file on your unit. That track will then be in your Saved Tracks section of your Navigation menu.

Al
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:49:29 AM by albe »

Offline fresque93

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 10:39:53 AM »
Thanks albe. Just so i understand correctly, you just need to generate a map on dr depth and put it on your unit? you dont need any mapping chips, just what comes standard on humminbird units? i ask because my lake outline isnt even on the basemap for hb, only the U.S. has them...thanks for your help

Offline albe

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »
I wanted to show that the track generated by DrDepth is compatible with all three forms of mapping that I have available for my Humminbird 998c SI, (Contour XD, Lakemaster and Navionics).

The contour lines are actually a rendering by DrDepth and put together as one track. Copy that track to a SD card and put the card into your unit and power it on. The track will now be loaded into your units memory. Make sure you keep a copy of this track on your computer as a backup.

You do not need a mapping chip in your unit to make the track visible. When you are on the lake you mapped and have the track loaded into memory you just have to zoom in and out as needed after your unit is turned on. Your boat icon should be where you are presently located on the lake.

Al

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 07:26:12 PM »
Albe,
Would you have an example of a map generated with DrDepth that you could post?
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline albe

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 08:28:11 PM »
Here is one I just made. It is a reef that is about 3/4 mile long and is made with 1' contours. This is how it looks on my unit without changing the color or type of line, which is available in the Navigation tab under Saved Tracks/Edit.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:30:05 PM by albe »

Offline Bob B

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 08:36:37 PM »
Thanke Albe, I appreciate it.

Offline fresque93

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 09:53:32 PM »
albe

Im assuming if you zoom in you can see the depth numbers next to the contour lines?

Offline albe

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
I did not see any depth labels on the map I made zooming in as far as I could go. I know that is a feature for .usr and .gpx files but do not believe it is available for the .ht files as of yet. I have that question sent to Per to see if that will be available in the future.

Al

Offline fresque93

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 09:18:15 PM »
How do you tell if its getting deeper or shallower, colors?

Offline albe

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »
The easiest way is to watch your sonar screen and that will tell you if you are going deeper or shallower. You should have a general idea of what the structure you are mapping looks like while you are mapping it but after creating ISO/contour lines, Create a Map Image. While you are doing that there are items you can check to make the image the way you want it. In that Menu there is a Depth labels box you can check if you want the depths to be placed in the contour lines.

When the image is generated, you will see the depth labels in the contour lines and the contour lines will be the colors that you have in the scale box in the bottom left-hand corner of the DrDepth screen. I have attached the image of this same structure as it is shown on my computer screen.

You can print this image and take it with you so you can see how the depth changes as you are checking out the structure. I am experimenting with some other options and I will see what I come up with.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:56:09 PM by albe »

Offline albe

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 11:29:24 AM »
There is a way to have depth labels show up on the map.

Go through the normal process of making your map up to the point where your next step is to Create ISO/contour lines.

1) Click on Tools on the menu bar and go down and click on  Create ISO/contour lines
2) Go down to the Save as type: box and click on the down arrow and select  GPS eXchange format (*.gpx)
3) Click in the File name box and put in the name you want for that file
4) Click on  Save
5) When the  GPX options  box pops up,  put a check mark in the  Include depth labels as waypoints  box
6) Click on the red X in the top right corner of the box
7) A  DrDepth PC  box will pop up and say  Iso line extraction done  , press the OK button
8) That new .gpx file will be where all of your other files are in that you used to make the map

Now take that file and import it into Humminbird PC by clicking on File / Open and select that file from the folder it is in and click on  Open

To check the contents of that file, click on the + in front of the file name
1) You will see 4 folders listed under that file name
2) Click on the + in front of the Tracks folder
3) Another line will show below that Track folder that will say  DrDepth Isolines - (file name)
4) Right click on that line and select  Delete
5) A box will pop up and say  This action will delete all instances of the track  , click on  Yes
6) Click on the  Waypoints  line and the waypoints in that folder will be listed
7) Select all of the waypoints in the folder by selecting the first one and go down to the bottom of the list, press the Shift key and left click on the last waypoint
7) Right on the down arrow of the last waypoint in the  Icon column and put your cursor over the  Change Icon and a pop up window will come up showing all of the icons available that you can select from.
8) I would select the  Default (another menu comes up next to it) and select the Diamond  icon (otherwise you will have the big blue circle as an icon, which covers up some of your contour lines if they are close together
9) MAKE SURE you upload the file to your SD card so it becomes the DATA.HWR file

This is the only way you can show depth labels on the map as of the present time . I wish there was a way that you could not have an icon shown for a waypoint, only the number you assign to it.

Try this out. It sounds complicated but once you do it, it will be easier in the future.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:10:49 PM by albe »

Offline Bob B

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 06:33:26 PM »
That makes it a lot easier to interpret.....Pretty good for a "homemade" map.

Offline albe

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 02:39:38 PM »
I have been working with Per on a revision of the software for us with Humminbird units. He has made things a lot simpler since my last posting. It will be available soon.

When you go to the 'Create Iso/contour lines' and save the file as a .ht file, a pop-up box will come up and ask 'Do you want to generate a waypoint (label) file?.

Click on Yes and both the .ht and .hwr file will be created at the same time.

Put both files on a SD card in the matrix folder and the unit will load both files when it is booted up.

Al
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:49:55 PM by albe »

Offline albe

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 09:19:42 PM »
DrDepth Version 4.3 is now available. It will generate the .ht and .hwr files at the same time if desired. Plus some other improvements. The contour lines will be in the .ht file and the depth labels will be in the .hwr file.

Al

Offline albe

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »
A new version of DrDepth is now available for download, using the links on your e-mail that you use for getting updates.

Version 4.4 now has more and easier options for making maps for your Humminbird.

Offline albe

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 05:30:49 PM »
After updating my 998c software to version 6.180, I can no longer load any DrDepth maps as usual. Now you are only able to see the depth labels. No trails showing the contour lines and no tracks that were saved with the previous 5.700 software. I am trying to find out what is going on.

I also installed Humminbird PC version 4.2 and was using that to download and upload my waypoints, and tracks and routes to my SD cards. My try going back to version 5.7 on my unit and version 4.1.8 of Humminbird PC if %.7 does not correct the problem.

Al

Offline albe

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 09:01:33 AM »
Found a long way around how to load what we now have for maps.

You need to load just the .ht file that is the only file on a SD card.
Then delete the .ht file and put the .hwr file on the SD card and load it.
Everything is loaded to the unit and shows up on the screen.

Using the new Waypoint Management software in the unit, you can put in names for tracks or change anything else you want to name or change. The changes will remain the same when you EXPORT all navigation data back to the SD card. The names for the .ht and .hwr files will still be the same as before. 000.ht and Data.hwr after exporting the data.

Upload the files to the new Humminbird PC, version 4.2, and then you can make all the changes or naming that you want in the .gpx file. I changed the colors of my tracks, the style of track line and depth labels in my DrDepth maps. The icon I chose for the depth labels was the '+' icon which is less intrusive than the on DrDepth uses. I also change the name of the .gpx file
so I know what lake or area the map is for, example: 2012 CCR 3-8. That represents the year, area or lake and the date the file was made.

That way I can always use that file for loading when going to the same area again to fish and use as a base map. I save that file to my computer in my Navigation folder under the state; year and date. That way I just need to upload that file to my SD card before I go fishing and load it into my unit.

Here is a snapshot I took after going thru this process for one of my maps:

This is a map made in 1' increments and is kind of busy if zoomed out too far, but for trolling zoomed in is just fine. The map is laid over a Lakemaster map with the contour lines turned off.

This is the best I can come up with until Per is able to find a work around.

Al

Offline albe

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 11:25:36 AM »
Per, DrDepth software developer, has been real busy with new updates for DrDepth. The newest update is version 4.6.5. Things are much easier now to create a map for Humminbird units.

Also Doctor Sonar has made a video show how easy it is to make a map for Lowrance products. Everything is the same except you have to select the Humminbird options instead of the Lowrance options. This is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/embed/HcwPGriEEaU

Albe

Offline fresque93

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 05:35:12 PM »
So you CAN export maps to humminbird units now? or did i misread it...

Offline xSilmarilSx

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 07:33:20 PM »
Yes you can!

Offline fresque93

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2012, 11:15:43 PM »
sweeet!

Now, is that overlayed onto a map already? Because im in Canada and theres no basemap, plus my lake hasnt been mapped by navionics or by others. So do you know if i could still make it work? Also, can you add the depth labels when exporting?

Thanks

Offline xSilmarilSx

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »
I think you can have the depth label but not sure..

What you see here is the basemap, which didn't contain my lakes..

You can easily add the contour track prior to the Drdepth mapping. Atleast you have a base map to work with...

Offline fresque93

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 04:49:23 PM »
Is your lake outlined on the basemap, or did you put that in yourself? My lake is not outlined so its just a blank screen...

Offline albe

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 04:55:43 PM »
Yes, you will have the depth labels as waypoints when you click on Yes, when the Do you want to generate a waypoint (label) file? pop-up box comes on the screen when you use the  Tools/Create iso/contour Lines command.

The contour lines will be the .ht file and the waypoints will be the .HWR file. You can use Humminbird PC software to change the waypoints symbols if you want to.

This is what one of my maps look like when I am finished with DrDepth and Humminbird PC.

Offline fresque93

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
did you create those waypoints yourself in dr depth or on the unit while on the water? Can you make more waypoints so you can see more depth labels? I see yours are quite spreadout...

Offline albe

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 05:08:34 PM »
You have to remember that the map is zoomed in to 50' in that snapshot. This map I made is made at 1' contours so there are many contour lines because the bottom has many depth changes.

Here is what the same map looks like zoomed out to 500'

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:11:09 PM by albe »

Offline GuitarKin

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »
Is there somwhere option to increase countour lines to map? I need more countour lines to get detail bottom map to my unit.

Offline albe

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 06:37:44 AM »
You change the amount of contour lines with DrDepth depth range adjustment Toolbar buttons. A depth range of 10 to 20 will give you contour lines every 1' of depth. 10 to 30 will give you contour lines every 2' of depth. Use the depth range adjustment buttons to give whatever amount of contour lines you want.

albe

Offline GuitarKin

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »
Thank you albe! That answer resolved my problem.

Offline Moose1am

• Unit(s): 898c si
  • Software: 6.610
  • Accessories: SDHC 8 GB SanDisk Extreme III
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2012, 04:39:41 PM »
No you can't transfer the map to the Humminbird unit. Humminbird's units will only show maps that are designed for the Humminbird Units right now.  And I don't think that Dr Depth can make the Humminbird Maps right now.  I did read that the Dr Depth Program can make maps that will work with the Lowrance Units.  I'm disappointed in this fact myself.

I just spent $130 on a new Lake Master Map SD chip for my Humminbird as it has two of the local lakes that I fish. The problem is that today I went out on one of these lakes and found out that the Lake master Map it NOT accurate and it's off by many feet on the contour Lines. I think it's because they used data obtained by IDNR F&W and I saw the girl that was mapping the this particular lake last fall. She was dressed for warmth and it was cold that day and I suspect she did a half assed job and didn't make enough passes on the lake to get a good accurate data set.  I saw her doing the last few passes by the launch ramp and they were very far apart and not adequate.  So if the Lake master people go the data from IDNR that would explain why it's so far off.  BTW You can use a program like Autocad and fill in the missing data to make the maps have 1 ft contours but that won't make those contours any more accurate. Gargage in equals garbage out. And this is what I'm seeing on the Lake Master Map for IN/OH  and Bluegrass Pit in Warrick County. I roamed all over that lake this morning for about 3 hours and was disappointed in the accuracy of this maps.   I'll check out the other Pit in Warrick County that's on this SDHC chip next week when I get some more time.

Humminbird wants you to have to buy the maps from them as they only will let you use the maps for Lakemaster in the future as Johnson Controls purchased the Lake Master Company recently.  Lake master had  a good reputation for accuracy from what I heard before this purchase.  I'm wondering if they don't care that much about quality control anymore?  Perhaps this was just a big mistake and they counted on IDNR to give them more accurate data.  I'll be in touch with the Director of IDNR to let him know what's going on real soon. He just happens to be a close personal college friend of mine from way back when we went to Purdue University together.   I've got a photo of the girl who did the survey as I took some pictures of her in the boat that she and this other guy were using the map Bluegrass Pit that day. I've got the photo dated so I can prove when she was there.  I'm thinking that she figured no one would know but I figured out what she did pretty easily once I checked the maps accuracy on my Humminbird 898 today.  BTW my GPS antenna is mounted up high on my boat just like on her boat and I get plus or minus 2 ft accuracy according to the GPS screen on my Humminbird Unit.

so if i get drdepth i'll be able to generate a map and transfer it to my HB unit? My lake is not mapped, and theres no HB basemap for canada, so will i be able to actually see contours on my unit now? Right now its just a blank screen...
Regards,

Moose1am

Offline xSilmarilSx

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2012, 03:11:37 AM »
Okay, some false info here....

You CAN have home-made maps imported inside HB unit when made by DrDepth.

You are just limited by the number of lakes you can put.

Offline Moose1am

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2012, 06:56:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure that I read on the Dr Depth web site that it won't let you make maps for the Humminbird Units?  Perhaps I read that wrong.
Can you provide a link to where it says you can do that?
Regards,

Moose1am

Offline xSilmarilSx

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 02:34:13 AM »
This is what I have to say:

Offline albe

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 09:00:54 AM »
Just look at the maps above that I have posted showing what a map made with DrDepth looks like on a Humminbird unit. Read the manual for DrDepth and it will show you how to make a map for Humminbird units.

Offline Moose1am

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2012, 11:11:53 PM »
Hey Albe:
Thanks for clearing that up. I was not aware that we could do that. I'm more likely to buy Dr Depth now that I know I can make my own maps for my Humminbird Unit.
I just spent over $140 for the new Lake Master IN/OH maps which include two out of the three lakes I like to fish close to home.  But I still didn't get a map for the third lake I fish.  And the makes that Lake master made are not as accruate as I thought they might be.  Some area are way off by a hundred feet or more.  I show my boat sitting on the 15 ft contour line and I'm showing the water depth at 8 ft.    So I'm wondering if I make my own maps and use many more data points that they would be more accruate.
Regards,

Moose1am

Offline Moose1am

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2012, 09:50:36 AM »
This is good news.  I have a lake master map of the lake I fish and I'd like to modify some of the depth contours that are not right.  Some areas on the map that are shown as being only 8 ft deep are actually 19 ft deep.  The Map is off in some areas where the lake scan data was not done right or something.

A new version of DrDepth has come out that saves your contour maps as .ht files. Here is the word from Per, the software developer.

I have just upload a new version.
The standard version is available through the web page,
BT/SS/BTSS through your links.

New in all versions:

- Generate contours as Humminbird '.ht' file (HB tracks in
binary format). This solves the problem with HB's inability
to display broken track segments - all contours will go into
one track slot. To get the contours to your unit, place the .ht
file in a folder named 'MATRIX' on a SD card, put the card in
the unit and turn it on.
You can get the contours colored by depth (in shades of green)
if you (on the unit) set the track style to 'Color by depth' here:
Menu->Menu>Nav->Saved Tracks->Edit->Style

This is how I made a test map to try on my 998.

I made a new .ht file with information that I had when I made maps for my Lowrance unit. I used the command: Create Iso/contour lines, and then you go to the Save As Type selection arrow, which opens the box, and select: Humminbird HT *.ht . Enter a name you want to save it as and press Enter. The file is then saved as and .ht file.

Put the file on a SD card, put the card in your unit and turn your unit on. Go to the area on your GPS window and zoom in. You will then see the contour lines. I tried this with a Lakemaster chip installed in my 998 and it overlays the new contour lines over the area that is shown from their map. It does not cover up any part of the Lakemaster information shown, just the contour lines over the map.

When you go into Saved Tracks menu, you will see the track with the name you saved it as. Go into the Edit menu and you can change the color and type of line you want shown over your map from your mapping chip.

Now I can remake all of my maps that I have made for my Lowrance unit, that is old enough where I could not just overlay the contour lines, during the winter.

Thank you Per. This is what all of us with Humminbird units and DrDepth have been waiting for. Great job.

Al Bluhm
Regards,

Moose1am

Offline albe

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2012, 11:26:39 PM »
A new version 5 was released this past week. Make sure you read the download and installation instructions VERY carefully and follow them step for step.

For those of you that have Norton 360 installed, I had to download the .zip file in order to be able to install the new software. Norton kicked out the .exe file download. Per is working on a solution to the problem, but at least you can install the new software by following the instructions Per gave to change a file extension and then use it to install the software.

Licensed users (all Versions) can download it by logging into the new user site: http://users.drdepth2.se

If you do not get an e-mail after resetting the password, please check your spam folder.

You will find information on the user page on how to activate DrDepth 5.

Offline Moose1am

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2012, 09:12:40 AM »
Remember that you can TEMPORARYILY disable your firewall software in order to download the file.  Then simply after you install the new Dr Depth Software on your computer you can Re-Enable your firewall software.  That's what I would do anyway to make sure that the Dr Depth Download is not corrupted by the firewall software. 

Turn off Nortons while you download the Dr Depth Files and then turn Nortons back on later.
Regards,

Moose1am

Offline albe

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2012, 10:16:39 AM »
The Norton problem now has been fixed and you can download the .exe file and upgrade the software with it.

Albe

p.s.    Version 5.1 just came out a few days ago.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:18:37 AM by albe »

Offline mako101

• Unit(s): 798si hd
  • Software: 5.210
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2013, 08:28:16 PM »
If Humminbird does not allow custom mapping soon, i will have to sell my 798 and buy a Lowrance. :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo