Side Imaging Forums > 997c SI, 998c SI & 999ci HD SI

made new braket

<< < (2/3) > >>

Humminbird_Greg:
Nice adapter mount there jimf.
What did you put in between the ‘ears’ of the transducer?
Would be nice to see a close up of the transducer and bracket itself so we could see this area.  If that is the VHB tape from 3M I think that you will find that it will hold more that well enough so you may not need to use anything else.  We use that same stuff here and it is very strong!

jimf:
Hi Greg
I know the package says 3M Heavy duty Exter tape. It has a red packaging. The tape is a grey color. Do you think I need to exopy it ? I'm looking for it to stay on for a longtime. I wasn't sure if it wil hold up that long. If I like the spot I have it at I like to expoy it with marine 2 part expoy from (lockit) or use JB weld expoy. What do you think ?

I can take a better picture for you.
I used two rubber thick washer so the ears will not crack on the braket. I heard on this site guys ears were breaking off there side image trasducers.
I did go out fishing Sunday and the new braket works very good. It doesn't hit my elec. motors. Now I have to try running the outboard to see what the image will look like. because the braket is under the boat.

jimf:
the bracket is still going strong. 3m marine epoxy

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: jimf on September 07, 2018, 10:31:09 AM ---the bracket is still going strong. 3m marine epoxy
--- End quote ---

I'm curious as to what scenario you use 2 electric motors on the transom  ...??

Rickie

jimf:
In NJ a lot of are lakes are elec. motors only so I use the two in back to go from A to B then motor in front to fish. Then when I go to a gas lake I just use the gas motor to to A to B.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version